Albums currently kicking your ass

Sounds good. Another to put on what seems to be and endless list of albums to listen to.

Did you listen to that Musmahhu yet? Thoughts?

Also, been meaning to listen to that Hetsheads Dweller posted for years now. Thanks for the reminder!

34319.jpg

Reactions: CiG
Did you listen to that Musmahhu yet? Thoughts?

Yeah, savage album. You guys called it filthy but I also wasn't expecting it to sound so massive and frankly well-produced. At this point it's one of the strongest of the year for me, but early days yet obviously. The drums are punishing as fuck.

Have you checked out Mystik by the main guy behind Musmahhu?

No, but I know he’s primarily involved in black metal bands. One of which I’ve heard, Beketh Nexehmu. What is Mystik like?

I did say it sounds massive as well as filthy! And yeah the drums are pretty cool. It’s growing on me.

Reactions: CiG
No, but I know he’s primarily involved in black metal bands. One of which I’ve heard, Beketh Nexehmu. What is Mystik like?

I don't know if I have enough black metal knowledge to really give a good frame of reference, but I like what I've heard. Could be because this guy is an awesome drummer and all his bands demonstrate that regardless of subgenre.

Link should go straight to the first proper song.

Since when are they even nu metal? Perhaps they are on that album. But their earlier stuff is metalcore.

I’ve had the unfortunate experience of seeing them live many years ago when I went to see Dark Tranquillity and they were supporting Chimaira.

This track was prettty popular on the music channels when it was released:

Not nu-metal and not good.

i mean they're better than taproot and hed p.e., but come on, they're hardly the second coming of 36 crazyfists.

Do you even like 36 Crazyfists or was that a joke?

Since when are they even nu metal? Perhaps they are on that album. But their earlier stuff is metalcore.

nu-metal era

Yes, I agree they are more metalcore or groove metal than nu-metal. Nowhere did I say they were nu-metal.

I don't really expect you to like anything that isn't considered in-crowd so it's not surprising you dislike that band

I can't be teenage you, because I didn't fail A Level maths.

Urgehal - Arma Christi

Revisiting this for the purposes of the 1997 thread. Competent Darkthrone/Gorgoroth style black metal with a definite first-wave influence. Moments of almost brilliance. Won't make my list, but not bad.

Ulver - Nattens Madrigal

Love the first 4 tracks on this and always have, but it starts to lose momentum in the second half for me with less memorable melodies and songwriting.