Albums currently kicking your ass

759928.jpg

Nothing special here, but real solid epic doom from Canada.

Inb4 Ozzman calls me faggot and makes fun of Manilla Road.

I mean, you are a poorfag though at the very least

51Ayldw4PCL._SY300_QL70_.jpg

After previously hating this and not listening to it for over a decade, I have to admit that there is a fair bit more going on than I appreciated at the time. If I discover that I now enjoy Agent Orange as well I may have to commit seppuku.

2f652f96f1f631072b4d7340e5f2d94e

This is criminally underrated. Yeah, Death Penalty is supreme and among the best the genre has to offer, but man does this have just as many rippers.

Also, blah blah blah, doom metal sucks, I'm Fatman, etc.

Reactions: CiG
Nah. I really dig the Salem witch trial theme of the first one more. This one is more introspective and stuff, which is cool, but Death Penalty just meshes so fucking well. Both have that stupid/cheesy DIY charm that I adore as well. Have you heard Resurrected? I need to check it out even though I've heard it's not good.

I sometimes think Doom could be my favourite genre, as the stuff I love, I really fucking love. But then for every great doom album I hear, I hear a lot more that fail to move me. I don’t get it honestly. Note that I generally prefer ‘epic’ doom to the more Vitus-y strain of doom.

I’d never consider Death Penalty to be one of the best of the genre either. And it’s hardly even straight up Doom anyway.

I also don’t rave to Reverend Bizarre anywhere near as much as most doomsters either. Although I do like them.

I sometimes think Doom could be my favourite genre, as the stuff I love, I really fucking love. But then for every great doom album I hear, I hear a lot more that fail to move me. I don’t get it honestly. Note that I generally prefer ‘epic’ doom to the more Vitus-y strain of doom.

I’d never consider Death Penalty to be one of the best of the genre either. And it’s hardly even straight up Doom anyway.

I also don’t rave to Reverend Bizarre anywhere near as much as most doomsters either. Although I do like them.

Yeah well fuck you. Death Penalty is brilliant and "Into the Rectory" is a fucking masterpiece.

511841.jpg

Probably my favorite release from 2015.

Reactions: CiG

You slip further into the out crowd with that statement. Doom, by and large, is fucking gay though.

You slip further into the out crowd with that statement. Doom, by and large, is fucking gay though.

It surprised no one that you dont like one of the truest forms of metal.

That being said, Witchfinder General is kind of shitty and their lyrics sound like theyre written by a horny down syndromer. Friends of Hell is amusing occasionally.

I feel like the people that dont like Pentagram/Vitus/The Obsessed style doom try and forget the blues and stoner rock leanings the forefather of the genre shared. Comedy is loving Master of Reality and Vol 4 but then not being able to ever admit to liking any other stoner rock/metal in existence.