Albums currently kicking your ass

Which original song would you say is the worst from those?
at least half of that album, Temptation and one of their worst songs of all time, Mandatory Suicide. But what would you know? You're probably not even familiar with most of their stuff since it wasn't too long ago that you said "slayer dont even have any classics". Go listen to your Keeper albums brah.

Here in 1994 things are different than before violence is what we adore :kickass:

Definitely one of the best songs on the album, but shit even some of their newer albums are more "aggressive" than DI

You forgot about Mind Control and Circle of Beliefs ;)
Great track!

In regards to their newer albums being more aggressive, I really can't say that I'm hearing it. Repentless & WPB are both very sterile in my mind. If we compare the most crazy track on that album (Psycopathy Red) with, say, Killing Fields there is just no competition in terms of ruthlessness/ear-punishing madness. Killing Fields starts off with an absolutely awesome drum fill, goes into that brooding build up riff, followed by the main verse with its unusual beat which continues to build the overall tension & mood of the track, and then explodes with the "chorus" which is funnily enough the least catchy part of the track. Finally, the speedy part at the end comes and tears the ass out of you.

DI has a huge amount of mystique to it, it's like you've been kidnapped & are getting the shit beaten out of you with razor sharp riffs, bruising drums whilst Araya barks orders. Gone are the "Slaytanic" elements, now there is a huge sense of realism. Lyrically, Sex, Murder, Art & the title track embody this well. Repentless/WPB have no such feel & the lyrics are rather tame in comparison. Even the DI album artwork is fucking crazy, what with the picture of the crazy Slayer fan's arm who carved the band's name into it, or that newspaper collage. The whole album feels like it should be illegal and is pretty fucking disturbing as a whole.

at least half of that album, Temptation and one of their worst songs of all time, Mandatory Suicide. But what would you know? You're probably not even familiar with most of their stuff since it wasn't too long ago that you said "slayer dont even have any classics". Go listen to your Keeper albums brah.

The break in Temptation is great m8. You seriously think there's a single GHUA song better than it? lmao

EDIT: Misread but same applies to Mandatory Suicide. Shit taste

Great track!

In regards to their newer albums being more aggressive, I really can't say that I'm hearing it. Repentless & WPB are both very sterile in my mind. If we compare the most crazy track on that album (Psycopathy Red) with, say, Killing Fields there is just no competition in terms of ruthlessness/ear-punishing madness. Killing Fields starts off with an absolutely awesome drum fill, goes into that brooding build up riff, followed by the main verse with its unusual beat which continues to build the overall tension & mood of the track, and then explodes with the "chorus" which is funnily enough the least catchy part of the track. Finally, the speedy part at the end comes and tears the ass out of you.

DI has a huge amount of mystique to it, it's like you've been kidnapped & are getting the shit beaten out of you with razor sharp riffs, bruising drums whilst Araya barks orders. Gone are the "Slaytanic" elements, now there is a huge sense of realism. Lyrically, Sex, Murder, Art & the title track embody this well. Repentless/WPB have no such feel & the lyrics are rather tame in comparison. Even the DI album artwork is fucking crazy, what with the picture of the crazy Slayer fan's arm who carved the band's name into it, or that newspaper collage. The whole album feels like it should be illegal and is pretty fucking disturbing as a whole.
tbh Divine Intervention is not that aggressive and the one track you mentioned from WPB is 100x more aggressive than anything on that album. SAhotuing doesn't make an album aggressive. DI is actually one of their tamest albums they've released to date. I cant speak much for Relentless since im not really a fan of that album and think the band ended with Jeff's passing so i probably wont even be revisiting it.

It's not easy picking a worst non-cover from the first six albums (incl. HTC), best I can do is come up with a shortlist of the following tracks...

Crionics
Captor of Sin
Hardening of the Arteries
Manditory Suicide
Read Between the Lies
Expendable Youth
Temptation
SS-III

tbh Divine Intervention is not that aggressive and the one track you mentioned from WPB is 100x more aggressive than anything on that album. SAhotuing doesn't make an album aggressive. DI is actually one of their tamest albums they've released to date. I cant speak much for Relentless since im not really a fan of that album and think the band ended with Jeff's passing so i probably wont even be revisiting it.
Yeah I haven't given Repentless much of a spin either.

DI isn't about shouting man and is absolutely one of their most extreme/aggressive albums.

1147.jpg

Atheist Piece of Time