Albums currently kicking your ass

First best being?

Looking at all the full lengths, my ranking will likely go in chronological order so Souls to Deny would be better than the self titled in this case.

The only things that would likely change are the rankings of Pierced and Breeding the Spawn as I could interchange those depending on the day even though people will say Pierced is better due to production but I disagree.

Where is Nick1975 when you need him?

Literally relistened to this today in anticipation of a Suffo poll. Probably the second best of the post 2000 stuff they did. Despise the Sun will be the best thing they ever did. I wish that had been a full length because it would beat out Effigy if it had been.
GOD FORBID
GOD FORBID
GOD FORBID

Last edited:
and it keeps your attention too, breeding and pierced though good have me zoning out sometimes. Dts>s/t>Eotf is my ranking

(blood oath was my intro cuz the 1st time I saw them live was around that time and it had a cool shirt)

Looking at all the full lengths, my ranking will likely go in chronological order so Souls to Deny would be better than the self titled in this case.

The only things that would likely change are the rankings of Pierced and Breeding the Spawn as I could interchange those depending on the day even though people will say Pierced is better due to production but I disagree.

I agree about Souls to Deny man, for me it's not a huge difference but it's better than the self titled. Pierced from Within is my absolute favourite Suffocation album, that'll be an easy #1 for me. If we do end up getting Suffocation, we need to remind crimsonfloyd to include EPs.

breeding and pierced though good have me zoning out sometimes.

Cuck.

Reactions: arg
I agree about Souls to Deny man, for me it's not a huge difference but it's better than the self titled.

This is my opinion. I was more wondering how the last three albums would fall. It's a marked decline in quality after the self-titled but Dave Culross saves Pinnacle of Bedlam imo. He is an unsung drumming hero in the death metal realm.

Pierced from Within is my absolute favourite Suffocation album
I mean, the first three are all great. I guess it comes down to a matter of which is catchier to most I imagine.

If we do end up getting Suffocation, we need to remind crimsonfloyd to include EPs.

I guess. I'm not the biggest fan of Human Waste personally and I don't know if two EPs is enough to warrant inclusion into the poll. Has that been done for any others? Burzum maybe without looking.

and it keeps your attention too

It's the only metal release personally where I get to the ending of the last song and I'm expecting and wanting more and I forget it's only 5 songs because of how engaging it is.

Reactions: arg
I was more wondering how the last three albums would fall. It's a marked decline in quality after the self-titled but Dave Culross saves Pinnacle of Bedlam imo. He is an unsung drumming hero in the death metal realm.

Same actually, because those are the albums that I don't have any solid opinion of, and haven't listened to too much TBH.

I guess. I'm not the biggest fan of Human Waste personally and I don't know if two EPs is enough to warrant inclusion into the poll. Has that been done for any others? Burzum maybe without looking.

I believe Sodom was the first game to make a point to include an EP. I like Despise the Sun a fucklot so I'd definitely like it included, and Human Waste is cool too.

I believe Sodom was the first game to make a point to include an EP

Yeah, I forgot about that but it was included due to its influence on thrash generally, right?

I'm not against including EPs for this one. It's up to us all I guess.

Same actually, because those are the albums that I don't have any solid opinion of, and haven't listened to too much TBH.

IMO, you aren't missing a lot but Suffo is one of my favorite DM bands and was a bucket list live band for years so I'm a 'completist' in this instance. With Frank effectively gone from Suffo, I've lost interest.

The drumming on Pinnacle is enough of a reason to check it out.

Reactions: CiG
491.jpg