Albums currently kicking your ass

I never knew West was in SFU, I always just assumed they were trying to ape Obituary with their early stuff

Only the first two studio albums and the first EP. It isn't a stretch to say that the first two SFU albums are the best ones because of his riffs but some of the later ones have Kevin Talley on drums and he saves those albums.

244.jpg

Commute tunes this morning.

Only the first two studio albums and the first EP. It isn't a stretch to say that the first two SFU albums are the best ones because of his riffs but some of the later ones have Kevin Talley on drums and he saves those albums.

Taught me something new. Well I always dug the first SFU album, it never blew me away or anything but I had some good times with the CD back in the day. Barnes deteriorated quickly though and I could never get into anything after that very much.

Taught me something new. Well I always dug the first SFU album, it never blew me away or anything but I had some good times with the CD back in the day. Barnes deteriorated quickly though and I could never get into anything after that very much.

Yeah it's nothing mind blowing. Just stupidly fun knuckle dragger shit. It surprised me tbh because that was the first time I listened to it.

Reactions: CiG
SFU are pretty much trash. I also think it's funny how some of you guys are trying to label dumbed-down groovy death metal as "knuckledragger". :lol:

I always just assumed they were trying to ape Obituary with their early stuff. :OMG:
View attachment 22336
and what in the world would make you come to this assumption? Obituary have speed and aggression in almost all of their early songs ... SFU do not.

bands like Cannibal Corpse, Obituary, etc sure. But SFU are basically nothing more than SUPER-simplified groovy death metal that you can almost dance to, dont know how that translates to "knuckle dragger". I'm guessing you're using that term as a substitute for "weak", "watered down" or "plebian"? But anyway, im not surprised that you like the band considering shitty groove metal is your forte.

Obituary are an OSDM band that have a shit ton of speedy+aggressive riffs in just about all of their earlier work, SFU do not. Yes, they both incorporate a good amount of groove (so do a ton of other bands that are complete shit) into their music but that's pretty much where the comparison stops.

71p0e8px-%2BL._SL1200_.jpg

Just got home, cracked open a beer, and am continuing the thrash kick I've been on all day.

As a side note it drives me crazy that Spotify keeps adding and deleting the original studio versions of the early albums. Just realized Peace Sells was deleted from my library. Makes me wish I still had my old CDs.