Albums currently kicking your ass

cd-morgoth-cursed.jpg

Their best imo.

Very well might be. I'm only hearing it for the first time now. My previous chronological explorations of Amon Amarth always ended around The Crusher/The Avenger because those albums are so samey and boring. So I'm only now discovering that mid-career Amon Amarth kinda owns. Fate of Norns is killer too.

Very well might be. I'm only hearing it for the first time now. My previous chronological explorations of Amon Amarth always ended around The Crusher/The Avenger because those albums are so samey and boring. So I'm only now discovering that mid-career Amon Amarth kinda owns. Fate of Norns is killer too.

Huh I think The Avenger and The Crusher are pretty sweet, and yeah Fate of Norns is cool too. For me they start to go downhill with Twilight of the Thunder God.

Reactions: zerostatic
Huh I think The Avenger and The Crusher are pretty sweet, and yeah Fate of Norns is cool too. For me they start to go downhill with Twilight of the Thunder God.

I dig Twilight of the Thunder God, their sound is obviously commercialized as fuck by that point but it's a great pop metal album with nary a weak song on it. Haven't listened to any of the albums that followed yet.

I need to listen to it again, I feel like the whole album went over my head last night.

I have a similar problem when the album I'm listening to is too long or contains too obscure or muddy production for me to revel in its intricacies and nuances. I hate it to tbh. When I'm listening to something, I want to enjoy it fully, without any hindrances. But sometimes it's just unavoidable.