Albums currently kicking your ass

6555.jpg

Lost Paradise is also a really good album if you like death/doom... although from the stuff jage posts, I doubt he'll like it.

Do they have any others that are as good or better?

Gothic is the bands last doom/death album. Draconian Times is their best album and would check it out along with Icon, being you like more traditional style metal you would most likely enjoy Shades of God. PL generally does not do the samething for long and the band has a lot of different albums and are worth looking into aslong as you do not expect an album to sound like another. One Second and Host for example are not metal at all and heavily rooted in 80's pop/ goth rock and are more keyboard/electronic based and less guitar driven for example. Paradise Lost,In Requiem, and Faith Divides Us - Death Unites Us are more of a return to the bands early/middle point when they played Metal. I would say the bands peak is Draconian Times.

So the new Woods is blowing my mind.

There's something so weird about WOY lyrics lol. I absolutely love their last album and so far am getting into the green album but their lyrics are so blatant it's almost comical at times. i think it definitely works with their style, i just can't help but smirk at lines like

"it's good to sleep alone so often, because i toss and turn so much i feel bad when i disturb my partner."

Real quirky blatant lines like that, but the cool thing is it's a very human observation - just laid down without feeling the need to dress it up really - bcause doing so might take away from the message he's trying to portray

There's something so weird about WOY lyrics lol. I absolutely love their last album and so far am getting into the green album but their lyrics are so blatant it's almost comical at times. i think it definitely works with their style, i just can't help but smirk at lines like

"it's good to sleep alone so often, because i toss and turn so much i feel bad when i disturb my partner."

Real quirky blatant lines like that, but the cool thing is it's a very human observation - just laid down without feeling the need to dress it up really - bcause doing so might take away from the message he's trying to portray

That's kinda been David Gold's style since Woods III, as I recall. Here are a few lines from "Your Ontario Town is a Burial Ground":

"From where my discontent once began
I miss the nature and the wilderness
But not the people there"

The lyrics on The GREEN Album didn't really surprise me.

That's kinda been David Gold's style since Woods III, as I recall. Here are a few lines from "Your Ontario Town is a Burial Ground":

"From where my discontent once began
I miss the nature and the wilderness
But not the people there"

The lyrics on The GREEN Album didn't really surprise me.

The simplicity adds this aura of sheer, raw emotion you don't get often anymore. Fucking win, and I'm a stickler for lyrics.