Albums currently kicking your ass

Becoming the Archetype - Dichotomy

cover_34062212008.jpg

I think STAGD is a return to form. The guitar production is a bit muted but it takes the focus off keyboards (Karlsson, their keyboardist, wrote a lot of FNF, and even though it's good, it's SUPER keyboard heavy) and puts it on the rhythm section. I still don't get how people can think they sound metalcore-ish.

Steelbath fucking rawks but like most of Soilwork's albums kinda drags near the end. APP TOTALLY does, but I still like it a lot. The last like 4 songs on APP are totally out of place and/or filler-sounding. I think Razorlives off SBS is one of Soilwork's fucking best songs...so awesome.

Steelbath fucking rawks but like most of Soilwork's albums kinda drags near the end. APP TOTALLY does, but I still like it a lot. The last like 4 songs on APP are totally out of place and/or filler-sounding. I think Razorlives off SBS is one of Soilwork's fucking best songs...so awesome.

Razorlives is topnotch
Edit: as is Aardvark Trail, although the name is dumb.

Razorlives is topnotch
Edit: as is Aardvark Trail, although the name is dumb.

Aardvark Trail begins well but definitely tanks at that horribly placed breakdown. The first half is great though. I think the overall worst Soilwork song from the albums before FNF would have to be fucking The Bringer off NBC...ugh...horrible.

Macabre - Sinister Slaughter/Behind the Walls of Sleep and Gloom