Albums currently kicking your ass

26898_nominon_monumentomb.jpg

Schmidt, are you fucking serious with this "no PA but Vol. 1" shit? Go die.

No, but when I find myself listening to Pagan Altar I almost ALWAYS throw on Volume 1. When I listen to LoH and M&M I often think to myself "why am I not listening to Volume 1?".

But, I worship Volume 1. I say it's the best doom metal album of all time, so it's a natural feeling.

demiurg_gamleby_revs.jpg

Previous. Unblessing The Purity is one of the best DM cds ever recorded. I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks. It's perfect and fucking awesome.
CDVILED240.jpg

Schmidt, are you fucking serious with this "no PA but Vol. 1" shit? Go die.

No, but when I find myself listening to Pagan Altar I almost ALWAYS throw on Volume 1. When I listen to LoH and M&M I often think to myself "why am I not listening to Volume 1?".

But, I worship Volume 1. I say it's the best doom metal album of all time, so it's a natural feeling.

Vol 1 is my least favorite tbh.

They're all three really good, but Mythical and Magical is probably my favorite, with lords right behind and possibly catching up.

I've been on an Opeth kick for weeks, and finally warming up to

opeth.jpg

I remember disagreeing with MDF buddy Dan years ago on whether it was better than Ghost Reveries, and i'm finally starting to think it is. Still seems a bit gappy/transitional, but the new direction is a good one, and GR is really more like a futile sucking of the dried teats of SL/BWP in retrospect.

279201.jpg

Suuuch a great and under appreciated doom album/band.

245228.jpg

Same exact feelings as the Nomad Son post.

2462.jpg

I consider this one a classic doom album and of similar quality, albeit not quite as good as Psalm 9. "The Wish" is possibly one of the best songs I've ever heard.