Albums currently kicking your ass

Nachtfalke - Doomed to Die

14775.jpg

Haven't listened to this in a while either. I hope they do another album in this style again at some point. I like their more chaotic stuff too, but Ultima Thulee, MVI, & MVII are BaN at their best in my opinion.

blut-aus-nord--2009--memoria-vetusta-II--l.jpg

Sorry to keep whoring in this thread, but I have been listening to a ton of Nagelfar & The Ruins of Beverast lately & both bands are top 10 for me. Anyway kicking my ass now.

NAGELFAR1999.JPG

I like that album but it's my least favourite Arcana release. I think it's a bit too sterile, both in composition and production. Every song on that album is über melancholic from the getgo, while on the other albums there's a dark edge to everything, and the melancholy instead lies subtle underneath (similarly to Dead Can Dance). The straightforwardness of Inner Pale Sun gives it a shorter life span than other Arcana albums, at least for me.

I like that album but it's my least favourite Arcana release. I think it's a bit too sterile, both in composition and production. Every song on that album is über melancholic from the getgo, while on the other albums there's a dark edge to everything, and the melancholy instead lies subtle underneath (similarly to Dead Can Dance). The straightforwardness of Inner Pale Sun gives it a shorter life span than other Arcana albums, at least for me.

I've only just started listening to Arcana. I've only heard that and Dark Age of Reason and I felt like both of them were a bit repetitive.

frontoop.jpg

The perfect album this time of year.

Indeed! Listened to it last night. :kickass:

Haven't listened to this in a while either. I hope they do another album in this style again at some point. I like their more chaotic stuff too, but Ultima Thulee, MVI, & MVII are BaN at their best in my opinion.

blut-aus-nord--2009--memoria-vetusta-II--l.jpg

You see the video for the new album??? Kinda gave me the vibe of MVII + TWWTG.
MVII is, in my opinion, a complete masterpiece.

Avichi - The Devil's Fractal

32be94202936e838e36f9f83a2c2b041.jpg

Listened to this a few times before posting it here, but it's definitely worth it. Great Profound Lore release, the album is a grower. It's also challenging. One of the best 2011 BM albums so far imo.

Those into BM should give it a try.

Avichi - The Devil's Fractal

32be94202936e838e36f9f83a2c2b041.jpg

Listened to this a few times before posting it here, but it's definitely worth it. Great Profound Lore release, the album is a grower. It's also challenging. One of the best 2011 BM albums so far imo.

Those into BM should give it a try.

Gah, I wish this was on Vinyl.

So I've just recently got into Pagan Altar. I've heard Volume 1 and Mythical And Magical so far. I've got to say M&M is better but that might just be because its more initially accessible. Nevertheless, while listening to Volume 1, I enjoyed it but it didn't really stand out too much. But while listening to M&M, pretty much every song gave me that "holy shit, this is awesome" feeling.

That being said, the main riff of "Pagan Altar" (the song) has been stuck in my head all day.

I just love how mythical and magical it is, plus the Tull influence is much stronger, guess they listened to a lot of Tull in the late 70s.

Everything the band has done is incredible.