Albums currently kicking your ass

cormorant_metazoa_cover4front_lg.jpg

Cormorant is an absolutely awesome band. They play blackened traditional heavy metal with 70s prog rock influences. Extremely unique and it works very well.

Cormorant is an absolutely awesome band. They play blackened traditional heavy metal with 70s prog rock influences. Extremely unique and it works very well.

I love their brand of progressive/blackened doom.Their compositions remind me alot of Misery's Omen.
Ayat-Six Years Of Dormant Hatred.

I've been following HOM since Cobett left Slough Feg..I don't get why they draw so many comparison.Similar in approach but as with Misery's Omen all three bands seem to end up with unique sounding albums.The above post has given me the urge to throw on The August Engine.

Cover.jpg

I've died and gone to technical death metal heaven. Where has this been all my life? Oh the time I've spent not listening to this.

I wish the production on their melodies was a bit less thin, and that they would back them up more frequently with rhythmic support. It would really go the extra mile then.

630.jpg

I really like Deicide's first three albums. I need to listen to Serpents of the Light and see if it's worth getting, but other than that... Insineratehymn and onward dont warrant a purchase, I think.