Albums currently kicking your ass

89974.jpg

630.jpg

I really like Deicide's first three albums. I need to listen to Serpents of the Light and see if it's worth getting, but other than that... Insineratehymn and onward dont warrant a purchase, I think.

Serpents of the Light is alright, but definitely subpar compared to the first three albums. Once Upon the Cross is my favorite from Deicide and one of my favorite death metal albums.

Immolation_failures_for_gods_1.jpg

The drumming on this album is ingenius. The way the drummer plays (with e.g long fills or beat changes that sometimes start in the middle of a guitar riff) gives the guitars a strange elastic feeling that I haven't experienced with any other band.

Serpents of the Light is alright, but definitely subpar compared to the first three albums. Once Upon the Cross is my favorite from Deicide and one of my favorite death metal albums.
Legion dude. Technicality, brutality, and the overall pure fucking evil. Glen and Steves best performances and the Hoffman brothers kick ass as always.

Agreed. I think later Enslaved has a pretty bad reputation on here. As far as I'm concerned they're the only Norwegian black metal band who never lost an inch after the 90s.

^^True,exceptional band.

Agreed. I think later Enslaved has a pretty bad reputation on here. As far as I'm concerned they're the only Norwegian black metal band who never lost an inch after the 90s.

Yeah, I can spin and enjoy any of their albums, that's something considering the number of releases and how their sound has changed over the years. They're definitely one of my favorite bands. Just played their DVD (Live in Bergen), short set and great stuff.

It's because they've continued to change their sound and have garnered more and more popularity while doing so. Bands that have both of those things in commons get flak of some degree from a portion of the internet metal head community, period. Great band, not a single bad release, and they haven't staggered. The guys on here that say new Enslaved is like The Dave Mathews Band with growls simply show their lack of musical knowledge.