Albums currently kicking your ass

Coffinworm - Great Bringer of Night (LP rerelease)

LBrHHl.jpg

I bought this. Got the gold vinyl limited to 120 copies. Cool stuff.

I love Suffocation! Seems with each album they bring the awesome.
Sucks that I've never seen them live.

I saw them live around when Souls To Deny came out and they sounded great, but I thought the album was pretty crappy and do not care for the new albums. I actually dig the Pyrexia-sermon of mockery more than Effigy. That and Rottrevore fullength are so fucking brutal. Not even just that, but the rythmn is just, fuck.

Just starting to get into Suffocation. At first listen this album is just an enervating endless surge of atonal chord progressions, but it grows on me like a motherfucker with each repeat.

It's pretty musically interesting and original. There's nothing else like it besides the first Pyrexia and Internal Bleeding. Sadly. I was into Suffocation before they actually reformed. I kinda lost interest because their newer albums are pretty crappy, but I decided to set that aside and not let it stop me from enjoying Effigy and Pierced.

3_1996-sublime.jpg

Saw these guys (with Rome) at the River Edge Music Festival in Minneapolis. I smoked 2 joints of some awesome weed with a cool guy I met in the crowd 10 minutes before the show. A great experience overall. I got pretty stoned during Tool as well.