Albums currently kicking your ass

^The lack of harsh vocals really hurt that album for me. The clean vocals just sound so soulless and feel so out of place. Lantlos and Alcest are both moving away from what made them good in the first place.

Salems-Pot-lurar-ut-dig-pa-prarien-Artwork.jpg

Its not metal at all. Its pure post-rock/shoegaze. Who cares? In the end the atmosphere is all that matters in this music.

Jade Fields is one hell of a track!

Not really, there were only like 2-3 bands that were actually worth a damn and the rest are useless copycats with only minor variations. The same as pretty much every genre of music basically if that answers your question.

DragonForce-InhumanRampage.jpg

Sigur-Ros.jpg

Sigu Rós - Kveikur

I don't get why people are put off by this one, it's easily one of the band's best. Really beautiful and creative stuff. I also don't see why they're lumped in with the post rock crowd still. These guys are so ahead of their contemporaries it really isn't much of a comparison.

I don't get why people are put off by this one, it's easily one of the band's best. Really beautiful and creative stuff. I also don't see why they're lumped in with the post rock crowd still. These guys are so ahead of their contemporaries it really isn't much of a comparison.

I enjoyed it. A little darker and moodier than their others. Haven't really had a strong craving to go back and listen to it for a while, but it's definitely good. I don't really see how you could have a problem with it being described as post-rock though. Whether you think they're better than their contemporaries, they share enough basic qualities to fit in the genre.

I've said it before. Post black metal is dead. The past two years have utterly destroyed it.

I never really saw it as a thriving subgenre to begin with. I would say there's still 2-3 very good post-black metal records coming out a year (ballpark), just like there were a few years back. It's a genre that's always been dominated by generic sounding bands anyway. Heck, post-rock has been dominated by bands regurgitating the same sound for a decade now.

198110.jpg

Woah, I'm always impressed when I throw this puppy in. Egyptian black metal is the shit. I hear they're coming out with a new album finally... I shall be very interested in that one.

198110.jpg

Woah, I'm always impressed when I throw this puppy in. Egyptian black metal is the shit. I hear they're coming out with a new album finally... I shall be very interested in that one.

Good find. Just gave the opening tracks a listen and this is very creative and well executed. I'll need to give it a few listens to see if it's more substance or novelty.

karlsanders_saurian_exorcisms.jpg

Listening to this while reading about the Callatian practice of eating the body of your deceased father. Matches quite well.

Agreed that Odious album is awesome. Usually when bands combine Middle Eastern music it's normally the string instruments and such and that "one type" of ME sounding melody (the 'Aladin' sound I guess would be the best way to describe what I'm talking about) ... They don't incorporate Middle Eastern drumming, which is the most important part. I've heard several different traditional Egyptian drumming patterns (masmoudi, malfouf, karachi etc etc)… wow I'm impressed!

Bongripper_HippieKiller.jpg