Albums currently kicking your ass

WotW takes a bit because it's not a "desolate black metal" album like you'd expect from the cover, but it's still gnarly as fuck.

Yea I was really expecting BM. But I'll listen to it a few more times. I sometimes like genre-melting tech crust death whatever.

Worsen is a side project from the dudes in Young and in the Way, but it's all black metal, so that should give you an idea what's going on there.

Yea, I dug it a lot. Gonna listen to Woe now since people commenting on Bandcamp said Worsen sounds like them.

Loving that I Shalt Become, by the way. I'll always takes me some Burzum-inspired atmospheric BM.

I love that album. I like that meandering kind of avant-garde BM.

I also like that Gallowbraid track and the EP a lot.

Castlevania_II_Belmont%27s_Revenge.jpg

Had always overlooked this one, but surprisingly there seems to be quite a few original and quality compositions for it.

Best Scorpions. :kickass:

%5BAllCDCovers%5D_dark_angel_time_does_not_heal_2000_retail_cd-front.jpg

Used to hate this album so much, but now that I don't try to hold it to a standard of other tech-thrash and ignore the 246 riffs stuff and just let the relentless thrashing take over, I can really enjoy it.

Grip_Inc.-Nemesis_cover.jpg

First listen, but fuck I've been missing out by not following up immediately after the first one. This album is massive. It can hardly even be called groove metal.

I still think Traveller is their best. Can't wait to see them in July in Chicago.

Speaking of Chicago, I blast Another Night every time I drive into the city.

Another night in the cityyy, yeah!! The track Full Power gives me my morning boost... It's like coffee that shit wakes you up.

Down Among the Deadmen is just so damn catchy and fun to sing when drunk, sober or what have. Traveller may technically be a better album considering the amazing riffs and song writing though but I do prefer Down Among and I know that album front to back. And holy fuck they are touring? I gotta check to see the NY date!

Not sure if they are touring, but they are playing a little one-day fest in Chicago called Alehorn of Power. Each year, they get either Manilla Road or Slough Feg to play.

a4261698955_10.jpg

Sorry for the huge pic, but it's the only one I could find.