Albums currently kicking your ass

I like both albums the same, honestly. And your job sucks for making you miss Ondskapt.
Heh, it can have much to do with that I only own Draco and have listened to it alot more but I was never that inpressed with Dödens. I should probably give it some more time but I'm so not into that style right now.

And I'm more sad to miss Warning + support than Ondskapt because of my job. :p

300.jpg

Found this great album RRR (Red Right Return) an new band called 'Janus' released on November 18 2008, the new album owns a broad range of dynamics and instruments not often used in the metal genre to produce a sound of melodic, ethereal backdrops grounded in aggressive, heavy rhythms.
Simply loved the band. they sound like a mix of the Deftones and 30 Seconds to Mars, "Eyesore" is my favorite track. Found some good reviews of them online too.

http://www.tunelabmusic.com/2008/11/16/review-janus-red-right-return/
http://nbc5streetteam.wordpress.com/2008/11/24/janus-is-a-must-listen/

here is sample of their Music:
http://www.janusmusic.com/sample/if_i_were_you.mp3

20124-1.jpg

I don't care if it isn't pure black metal. I enjoy the exploration and hope they follow and expand on this style.

Great album.

It upsets me a bit that people feel as though they have to justify listening to bands that aren't "pure black metal." Not just the previous post, but I've seen others do this as well. If you like it and it's awesome, just say so; don't feel as though you have to legitimize what you're listening to because you're afraid some kvlt member is going to rail you for listening to "untrue bm."

Negura Bunget is one of the most widely appreciated bands on this forum, and they're far from "pure black metal."

20124-1.jpg

I don't care if it isn't pure black metal. I enjoy the exploration and hope they follow and expand on this style.

I support their musical direction, but I respect my own tastes and know that they'll never top Instinct: Decay. From that point on their music became less dark and powerful than I fancy.

I wasn't really trying to legitimize my listening habits. I realize that lots of music I like is going to be hated by someone at some point or another. I meant to put emphasis on enjoying the direction they are heading in, but either way, I understand the point you're making.

Ghost Reveries by Opeth is satisfying me at the moment, i love it for some reason, to me its got the right amount of heavy growling vocals, and yet a touch of melodie also, just a very good album.

Heh, it can have much to do with that I only own Draco and have listened to it alot more but I was never that inpressed with Dödens. I should probably give it some more time but I'm so not into that style right now.

I agree that Draco is the better album. It's a much more cohesive album than Dodens. Plus it is a bit more original, as I felt the Mayhem influence was a bit too strong on Dodens.

I am currently being crushed by Orchidectomy-"A Prelate's Attrition". I personally enjoy this more than the Human Mincer (not saying the new Human Mincer isn't amazing by any means). I like the rawer production here. Good brutal stuff.

JP-SAS-1977.jpg

Sad_wings_of_destiny_cover.jpg

JpstandclassAP.JPG

Not like those albums haven't been kicking my arse ever since I bought them 5 or 6 years ago but whatever.