Albums of the Year: 2006

Witchcraft's "If Crimson Was Your Colour" is gonna be one of THE albums of '07 for me!

And Boris will surely release something worthy of a top-10 inclusion! (I mean, I own Flood, Amplifier Worship, Sun-Baked Snow Cave, Soundtrack to Mabuta No Ura, Akuma no Uta, and Pink... each one is great in its own way! This band does *not* dissapoint!)

boris "pink" is a good album (even if it is basically High Rise worship, which means i kinda resent it given that high rise will never be as popular as boris) but its like...not metal

there are some good albums in that list though, but its definitely tilted more toward the hipster end of the spectrum

The list is a reflection to what the person listens to and how many albums they've actually listened to so meh, it seems more geared towards mainstream stuff.

I'm still working on my top 50 list and the vast majority of the cds are black metal, and unless you're a diehard black metal fan you wouldn't have heard of most of the bands. However, I can assure you my list in the works is the best one I've seen all year :p

How does Mastodon get number 1? It seems everyone likes this band, always chanting about how they are going to change metal.