joanna newsom - ys
the paper chase - ...and now you are one of us
murder by death - in bocca al lupo
burial - burial
agalloch - whatever it was called i forget
neil on impression - the perfect tango
helios - eingya
mono - you are there

uhh the new camera obscura, will oldham are probably good, xiu xiu/grouper, liars, xela.... tjheres a lotta shit i havent listened to. never been one for keeping up to date with new releases really....time is the best filter for quality...

Yeah, I need to redo my list to enclude Joanna Newsom and Cursive's Happy Hollow. Actually, alot of stuff I need to put on my list.

Jenny Lewis's album Rabbit Fur Coat is pretty good.

20,000 is not nearly enough for such a claim. i have that, and easily have only listened to 10% of the metal world.

yeah 20,000 files isn't much...and 10% is way too high of an estimate. I just looked at metal-archives and they have 43109 bands listed...unless of course you actually listen to a few thousand bands.

yeah 20,000 files isn't much...and 10% is way too high of an estimate. I just looked at metal-archives and they have 43109 bands listed...unless of course you actually listen to a few thousand bands.

also have to keep in mind that a good percentage of the bands on M-A are garage bands that only have a demo that they circulated to a few friends.

also have to keep in mind that a good percentage of the bands on M-A are garage bands that only have a demo that they circulated to a few friends.

Yeah, that's true. I really don't understand the site administrator reasoning in many cases for accepting bands - there are various bands who aren't even metal. Deep Purple, Alice in Chains, and the band that sang "Rock You Like a Hurricane" etc....I know its basically a matter of what she/they like.