Alchemist/Melbourne question.

requiem

I bleed sir, but not killed
Jul 6, 2001
Australia
For those at the Melbourne Opeth show, from what album was the second track Alchemist played? It was the one that had that massive musical interlude with the really high pitched vocals on the chorus.

That song blew me away (as did many others) and I want to part with money for it.

hehe man too bad those hi pitched vocals are pitch shifted, i thought he acctully did em
oh well
still a mad song!

Goreripper said:
You have to ruin everything, don't you Clarky? Berzerker's drums are triggered, Adam's vocals are pitch shifted. BLah blah blah. You're a fucking spoilsport, you are. :)

so i guess i would spoil it for u if i also told u cock and ball torture's vocals are pitch shifted as well :lol:

Geeez, heh, it just means increasing or decreasing the pitch of a sound. :p

Are you sure Adam does that to his vocals though? Cause it's not something that's physically impossible to do (albeit fucking difficult)... plus I've heard him change that chorus so it gradually goes from screaming to shouting, I kinda imagine that'd be difficult to do without making it bloody obvious he was doing something to his voice.

Alchemist will be appearing next Sat 3 May at The Hi-Fi as part of Morbid Tales Melbourne. Other acts on the bill are Blood Duster, Earth, Sakkuth (QLD), Daysend (NSW), Anarazel, Abrasion, Tyburnjig (NSW)+1 more band TBA 4.30PM-1.30PM Doors open at 4PM Over 18's only