Opeth, Coop, Winmar, Alchemist And A Stupid Greedy Slut

Dave_Mustaine84

Boogies Woogies
Nov 27, 2002
MillPark, Victoria, Australia
Ok i just back from the Opeth gig (well not really been home for about an hour now) im not tired so i thought i'd be the first to to start the Melbourne gig thread....

COOP: im not sure but i may have seen him, it was hard to tell cause there was like 5 people that looked exactly like him, so i didn't get to meet him after all :(

WINMAR: i think i saw him, Winmar did u wear a Megadeth shirt? (on a side note...................

\m/ MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEGGGGAAAADDDDEETTTHHHHHH \m/ )

Alchemist: they were fucking great, nice catchy songs with good drum beats

Opeth: they owned period

STUPID FUCKING GREEDY SLUT
mad.gif
: ok there were ticket stubs left at the door at the end of the gig for people leaving and this gay bitch and her firend grabbed everysingle one AHHHHH, so i didn't get to bring home a ticket

I was there too (at the Corner around 9pm), although I didn't go the concert. The place looked totally packed! I did buy the Damnation album from JB and the hot chick who served me asked if I were going. I think that was the worst part of not being able to get tickets, saying no to her. :lol:

Also bought the Fozzy debut, Bruce Springsteen The Rising tour edition, and won the future rights to purchase The Almighty s/t and Motorhead Bastards from different individual sellers by utilising eBay as an intermediary.

Quite strangely, it was the third consecutive time I've been to the Corner Hotel and been caught in a huge thunderstorm on the way back home.o_O

Yep, I wore a Megadeth t-shirt - well spotted, maestro! Now that you know who I am, come up and say hi if you see me again.

I saw Coops and yelled out to him, but he didn't hear me and disappeared. :(

I must have seen about 15 people I knew. It seemed like every metalhead in Melbourne was there. Top night!

Winmar said:
Yep, I wore a Megadeth t-shirt - well spotted, maestro! Now that you know who I am, come up and say hi if you see me again.

nah nah its ok i don't think i wanna talk to you, sorry

HAHAH J/K :tickled:

fucking hell how bout that though huh, i was gonna come upto u anyway and go "MMEEEEGGGAAADDDEETTTHHHH" but i though nah :D

i knew it had to be u though, fuck i should have said hi to yah, all well next time dude
smile.gif
headbob.gif

:) Hehe oh well, I'll no doubt see you again at some stage.

For a gig like that, it's always worth turning up to the gig and seeing if someone has a spare ticket. It turns out that my mate did (his mate was sick, and pulled out on the night). He sold it to a guy out the front. I saw one of my mates there, who hung around out the front till he got a ticket (for $25!). Bit of a gamble if you're coming from Geelong though!

MMM... I think I saw you too... I looked at you and thought I recognized your face but it didn't click as to where I knew the face from.

Rob... should have yelled louder or come and grabbed me. When did you see me? We were standing in line waiting to go in and i was wandering around seeing if you were there yet because I figured that once inside it was gonna be pretty hard to find people. Sorry I didn't hear you
bawl1.gif

Gonna be doing it all over again in Perth tonight... should be awesome. I'm not the biggest Opeth fan but I thought live they were amazing. IMHO their albums actually don't capture the feel that the band had live.

I was in the back corner, near the blokes' dunnies. I would have grabbed you but there were quite a few people standing in the way, so would have had to barge through them to get to you in time. Then you disappeared!

When I got to the front door of the pub there was no line anyway, so you were probably in there a bit before me. When are you coming over this way again?

How'd the Perth show go? It's great that they added it to the tour. Nice work, Opeth.

Ah ok Rob... I was hanging out by the ladies toilets all night... err ok that sounds bad ;)

Not quite sure when I'll be back over... definitely be before the end of the year but I have to let my bank balance recover from the last few weeks. But with all the travelling I've done I've got enough frequent flyer points to get a free return flight to Melbourne now so I'm sure as soon as the next band I wanna see leaves Perth out of their schedule I'll be over in a shot.

The Perth show was great. Just got home from it. I'm crossing my fingers for some really great photos from the Perth show as I was able to get into some pretty good positions to take pictures from.

Cooperman said:
Ah ok Rob... I was hanging out by the ladies toilets all night... err ok that sounds bad ;)

Not quite sure when I'll be back over... definitely be before the end of the year but I have to let my bank balance recover from the last few weeks. But with all the travelling I've done I've got enough frequent flyer points to get a free return flight to Melbourne now so I'm sure as soon as the next band I wanna see leaves Perth out of their schedule I'll be over in a shot.

The Perth show was great. Just got home from it. I'm crossing my fingers for some really great photos from the Perth show as I was able to get into some pretty good positions to take pictures from.

I SAW YOU I SAW YOU!!!!!!! I WAS NEAR THE LADIES DUNNIE DOOR DURING OPETH'S SET!!!!!

i knew it was u, i just wasn't sure because of your hair colour, it looked brighter, you were wearing a denim jacket huh? well u may not have but i saw u man.

i just wasn't sure because there were a couple of over dudes that looked exactly like u.

i was wearing a denim jacket with a big kreator patch on the back (the head from Coma of Souls, with a Cannibal Corpse patch above it)

Oh yeah, MMM, I grabbed about 3 ticket stubs, so if you want one of them you can get one off me at the next gig or something, if you remind me beforehand.....

Winmar said:
Oh yeah, MMM, I grabbed about 3 ticket stubs, so if you want one of them you can get one off me at the next gig or something, if you remind me beforehand.....

FUCK YES!!!! OOOOOOO I COULD BITE U ON THE NIPPLES :)

hey don't you live in Greensborough? cause i live in Mill Park we could just meet up or something or u could mail it to me o_O:Spin: (< i put them in for the sake of it)

Aces is a Fonz! So is Cooperman! Don't deny it, we know all about your magnetism.

In the pit together....well I never!

Yep I do live in mighty Greensborough. I'm probably going to my mate's house over Mill Park way next week, so perhaps I could drop the stub in then.

If you don't mind, I'll leave the nipple biting to my wife. :) Not that there's much point - what use are my he-nipples, other than for decoration anyway? Yes, what an interesting question.

Winmar said:
Aces is a Fonz! So is Cooperman! Don't deny it, we know all about your magnetism.

In the pit together....well I never!

Yep I do live in mighty Greensborough. I'm probably going to my mate's house over Mill Park way next week, so perhaps I could drop the stub in then.

If you don't mind, I'll leave the nipple biting to my wife. :) Not that there's much point - what use are my he-nipples, other than for decoration anyway? Yes, what an interesting question.

lol, so you'll drop the stub into my joint? just so ya know my name is Terry