alexi..interview..power metal...

Nov 25, 2002
Surrey, England
Visit site
my girlfriend said that in an interview, alexi said that he hates the power metal scene. stratovarious etc
is this true?
Seems strange to hear this as he did..does like iron maiden alot, and his music is kinda power metal orientated (-) the vocals.

I'm quite sure you're wrong. I've always had the impression that Alexi likes Stratovarius (very) much.

I think COB is some kind of Melodic Death Metal, but I'm not sure.

BTW, I'm sure that COB aren't power metal. :)

i do think it sounds slightly power metalish.
obviously its got its individuality.
Many reviewers are always arguing about what genre(s) bodom is.
They are inspired by many, and have created a huge mixture.
Would you say that power is nowhere to be found in cob music?

cob...melodic death metal? yeah ok, but it doesnt sound like many other melodic death bands, so it must be pushing different buttons somewhere. :) no?

yes, you can find some parts, that are power metal, but you can't say that they play power metal.

You're right about that mixed genres. :)

Originally posted by JesteR-7
In fact, it doesn't matter what genre COB play. The most important is that COB play kick ass music. :D

man can't you discuss something seriously? that was the 90860943864039th time someone said exactly that phrase when they were trying to define CoB's style...

first of all POWER METAL FUCKING RULES, and there's a division that's quite clear to me: bands like (old) Helloween, Gamma Ray, Angra, Blind Guardian Metalium etc are what i call "manly power metal" (yes manly, not mainly)... then the rest of the bands such as Stratovarious (which i don't listen to), Sonata Arctica, Edguy (not so much in the late albums), Rhapsody (also don't listen to them), etc all have this "gay" element that's very visible... it makes it a bit more annoying but i style like power metal at this level
Freedom Call is power metal with a hiper developed gay element and i really have a hard time listening to them for ex.

having said that, i think there's definitively something power metallish in CoB's style... and it was more noticeable in FTR than in any other album... i dunno if it's present anymore in HCDR, they seem to have gone a step further (or back to SW) in the direction of death/black metal...

the next assface that pulls out an "ah who cares it's great and that's it!" gets raped with a HCDR cd!!

Originally posted by EagleFlyFree
man can't you discuss something seriously? that was the 90860943864039th time someone said exactly that phrase when they were trying to define CoB's style...

first of all POWER METAL FUCKING RULES, and there's a division that's quite clear to me: bands like (old) Helloween, Gamma Ray, Angra, Blind Guardian Metalium etc are what i call "manly power metal" (yes manly, not mainly)... then the rest of the bands such as Stratovarious (which i don't listen to), Sonata Arctica, Edguy (not so much in the late albums), Rhapsody (also don't listen to them), etc all have this "gay" element that's very visible... it makes it a bit more annoying but i style like power metal at this level
Freedom Call is power metal with a hiper developed gay element and i really have a hard time listening to them for ex.

having said that, i think there's definitively something power metallish in CoB's style... and it was more noticeable in FTR than in any other album... i dunno if it's present anymore in HCDR, they seem to have gone a step further (or back to SW) in the direction of death/black metal...

the next assface that pulls out an "ah who cares it's great and that's it!" gets raped with a HCDR cd!!

Sorry Eagle but I don't like to much this definitions. Yeah there are many differences, like this ones you talked about, but the most important to me is what I feel with the music and not the words that a fucking magazine or someone else put to a band. Or a band do metal or not, it's so simply. ;)

This is my opinion, I don't think you are totally wrong.

Why do CoB have to be in a genre that already exists, maybe they have tapped into a new style/genre that hasn't been "labled" yet?...........Just a thought :)