Alexi lyrics

^yes. most ADYD vocals sux
<-Warheart-> said:
Same here. I for one love his actual voice though, mainly during the Hatebreeder/Follow the Reaper period.
+4711

I don't realy listen to the lyrics, i'm mean.. it's not pop or something.
cob is about guitar, keys and drum
not about the lyrics. it's just to make it exciting
and by the way.. I've heard worser lyrics
and these lyrics aren't just only going about satan, hell and death.
m'kay about death.. but that's metal :loco:
but there's also some reality in it

Bloodred Scythe said:
Well lyrics are a part of Death metal imo, their music sounds ''death metal'' but the lyrics are too, they're going about death, hate, those things.
I agree...
Generally lyrics is very important part of the song. But in such genres as death-metal it may be not so great, lotfy, meaningful or something like that... imho, the main thing of lyrics in such genres is themes about hate, death etc. it is principal and other doesn't matter... Of course there are many other things in life (and in Alexi's life too)... but they remains beyond the limits of the genre...

joki said:
...I love his lyrics...IN YOUR FACE ...is my favourite..
FUCK HYPOCRISY AND FUCK YOU TOO..yeah

i dont give a flying fuck, muthufukku

pahahenki said:
The way they sing in the beginning of "red light in my eyes part 1" makes me laugh...but other than that I like the vocals and alexi's voice.

Yeah, I hate the way he sings the beginning, but once the singing gains pace, youth and hate I love it.

I think a majority of his vocals are great. A few songs arn't so good, but thats to be expected. As for lyrics, most of them don't make too much sense, in a grammar related wya i guess, though it's hard to be sure exactly what he has said anyway. Though i really like the Everytime I Die lyrics. They are fairly meaningful

i love alexi's voice - at first when you listen you will understand nothing but they are still awesome - and anyways after you listen to him a few more times you will understand what he says - i know i do. and i disagree with those who say that his vocal abilities decreased in the newer albums. i've been listening to cob since the FTR album and his voice has still remained unique and the songs have still remained in a class of their own compared to other metal.

Authentic Metalhead said:
^ Definitely. I love how scratchy and "black metal"-y it sounds in Hatebreeder. :kickass:

I like his voice in all the albums I don't think its varied much I think he expermented with his voice during hc though.

Xeik said:
XDD sorry, that was a reflex...

Yeah, it's cool. Just refrain in the future.

Also, COB is way less about bass, cause there are not many parts in Bodom's music except the last album where the bass can really stand out. The songs emphasis is more an the guitar leads, so really the bass really can only follow the rythm root.