Lyrics Question...

Kuvasz said:
All COB lyrics suck ass! Dumb, ridiculous, no creativity, forced. I agree with Tut, you see it's something superficial only have lyrics for nothing, while the instrumental fucking rocks.

And not taking the lyrics seriously, as part of the whole music concept is why Cob will never evolve to a greater band. Every single part of the music contributes, if it's true about alexi saying that the lyrics mean shit all, the music is let down in that part. I can nearly pass out when i hear lyrics that mean alot to me personally, whilst great instrumental music is with it. Just something that my body does, so personally lyrics are extremely important.

Ah cool avatar by the way, the twisted alice slash slash.

jazie said:
Can someone tell me why Bodom's lyrics keep getting dumber and dumber with every next album?

Maybe they should hire Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels for the next video.
evilgrin.gif

dumbsoundtrack.jpg

Extendar said:
Awww, who fucking cares.

As long as the singing SOUNDS good, I love the songs. I wouldn't care if CoB made a song about molesting children or beating old people to death.

And that's because I'm not one of those people that think like "Hey, this is a song by a famous band and the lyrics speak about molesting children. Hey, molesting children sounds like a good idea. I'll do that!"

Or "Hmm. I don't know for sure if these band members are satan worshippers, but they sing about it, so they must be."

So, I don't really care about what lyrics are about, as long as they fit the song.
:lol: yeah, i think that if i ever have a death metal band i'll write lyrics about beating the shit out of old ladies :lol:

Kuvasz said:
All COB lyrics suck ass! Dumb, ridiculous, no creativity, forced.
FORCED - yup, that's the word! Alexi is a gret musicwriter, but as for the lyrics, he is forced to write them, 'cuz he knows that the music would sound hmmm ... stupid (maybe this is not the right word) without lyrics.
But there are some great lyrics in SW and HB. I like the Silent night... lyrics the most of all, but they are written by Kim Goss :)