GuitarWorld : The Greatest 100 Guitar Albums

ahaha no way! and besides i said coming from a biased review of wanting to hear the bass drum. and fuck yea i always ride through town blastin bodom! n my other friends will say the same...nothing hits harder than AYDY. not that it makes it a better album, but its hits really fucking hard. (on subs of course)

Or more like "Hey asshole turn that shit off!!!"

That's what I'd hear if I blasted any of the music I listen to.

<-Warheart-> said:
Or more like "Hey asshole turn that shit off!!!"

That's what I'd hear if I blasted any of the music I listen to.

Pff, I don't care. I blasted some Lamb of God all the way to work. I saw people staring at me when I was at a stop light, but I was like fuck it and laughed.

I'm always blastin' metal when I drive around in my 1981 Camaro! :headbang:

Rock Hydra said:
Agreed. The bass and drumms got mixed in more with the latest 2 albums.

I loved Follow The Reaper. It's my favorite album. I thought it was better than HCDR, Hatebreeder, and Something Wild. It was more stuctured and better riffs.

Authentic Metalhead said:
I love that feeling. They're blasting some generic "gangsta" rap acting all tough and shit, and then they listen to your metal (which is infinitely more talented and cleaner) and look at you like you're some sort of bastard. Oh, the irony.:rolleyes:

:headbang: I'd love to see the look on their face! I wish I could have a feeling but I can't turn up the music that loud cuz my car can only take in tapes. It doesn't have a cd player. It's a preettyy old car. Man, I hate it when people act all "gansta". It's so annoying. One of my friends used to only love metal and she used to critisize rap..but now she's the one into rap and when she's high you wouldn't believe the "gansta" things she says.

GrimReaper666 said:
:headbang: I'd love to see the look on their face! I wish I could have a feeling but I can't turn up the music that loud cuz my car can only take in tapes. It doesn't have a cd player. It's a preettyy old car. Man, I hate it when people act all "gansta". It's so annoying. One of my friends used to only love metal and she used to critisize rap..but now she's the one into rap and when she's high you wouldn't believe the "gansta" things she says.

I'd slap a ho. Fo sho.

GrimReaper666 said:

That's basically the opposite of my old self. I used to be really into rap and hip hop and criticize metal for being atonal and stupid, but now my mindset has changed completely. Seriously, I wish I could trade each and every one of my old rap albums for a metal album. Just recently, I made $15 on some ones I sold and I bought Wintersun's album. The 56 minutes in that album was infinitely more satisfying than anything on those rap CD's. :headbang:

War_Blade said:
their review of hatecrew deathroll was bullshit also cause i (and most of my friends who listen to bodom) have been listening to bodom since hatebreeder...

It's sweet how everyone here knew COB so early! Really cool that 9-year-old Americans digged COB since the beginning! Wonder why they didn't headline the States already for SW!

Grimes said:
I usually discard any polls like these from guitar magazines and VH1, because they are a bunch of shit most of the time. However, this time they have asked the 'reader's to do the poll this time.

"The White Stripes' Elephant over Hendrix's Electric Ladyland? Bodom's Hate Crew Deathroll over Dairy of a Madma.? Green Day's American Idiot over Led Zeppelin II? Don't blame us - you picked 'em!" -GuitarWorld

So the top five greatest guitar albums were ofcourse...
Led Zeppelin IV; Led Zeppelin
Appetite for Destruction; Guns N Roses
Are You Experienced; Jimi Hedrix
Master of Puppets; Metallica
Dark Side of the Moon; Pink Flyod

I was surprised to actually see Children of Bodom in the poll. Children of Bodom haven't really got shit for media coverage in US, especially magazines and t.v. Well they made it onto GuitarWorld's poll at number 44! Heres the review.

Hate Crew Deathroll; Children of Bodom, 2003.
"Employing the same murderous, single-minded intensity as the "Reaper" figure on their CD artwork, Finnish metal madmen Children of Bodom slashed their way to stateside recognition with their fourth album, Hate Crew Deathroll. Alexi Laiho's blindingly fast lead runs established him as a guitar hero for the new millennium, but the abundance of catchy hooks, cartoonish lyrics and almost comically cheesy keybaords on tracks like "Sixpounder," "Bodom Beach Terror" and "Triple Corpse Hammerblow" flashed a blood-encrusted middle finger to anyone who dared to pigeonhole Bodom as one-dimensional speedsters."
Eh, atleast they made it onto the poll I guess... Nevermind; Nirvana at #8, Toxicity; System of a Down at #33, The Joshua Tree; U2 at #34, and Follow the Leader; Korn at #42. With all these shit ass bands having better GUITAR ALBUMS than Children of Bodom, I still think these polls are a bunch of shit.

Hatecrew Deathroll has cartoonish lyrics & comical keyboards? LOL

Authentic Metalhead said:
That's basically the opposite of my old self. I used to be really into rap and hip hop and criticize metal for being atonal and stupid, but now my mindset has changed completely. Seriously, I wish I could trade each and every one of my old rap albums for a metal album. Just recently, I made $15 on some ones I sold and I bought Wintersun's album. The 56 minutes in that album was infinitely more satisfying than anything on those rap CD's. :headbang:

I very long time ago I used to listen to rap cuz i never even heard the term heavy metal. Then when i heard it, i totally despised rap and that shit. I never even really liked it. I'd listen to it just cuz there's something to listen to.