Alexi passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Janne! So this is what happened in Russia.
(This may put the Kim-Kelli thread in a different light.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sany
Sad to read that from Janne, but it's what I assumed. I always thought it must have been very hard for the band too - they had to deal with Alexi's problems as well, and it for sure wasn't their idea to tour in 2019 when he was in that terrible condition. It just didn't feel right how that all happened with the end of the band and I couldn't really believe they had grown apart so far suddenly.

VcBB2Mh.png

170077230_300295921466891_3561969865946332597_n.jpg

uY7xW5A.png

169643189_297297071750220_8436348827513402189_n.jpg

170541006_297297095083551_5448583537446630609_n.jpg

169939834_297297135083547_4811553405794839318_n.jpg

169490252_297297181750209_7811965945872595191_n.jpg

Last edited:
" Tales from the depths of lake Bodom pt 7

For Bloodddrunk art we teamed up with a Finnish photographer named Jussi Hyttinen. He invited Henkka to his office to show his works and some reference photos. The idea would be to do this cover by photography only.

Henkka brought the references to the other guys and pretty soon we knew we would do it dark;
black, gray and red. The process would be different again. We would shoot the cover and the band photos in one day. That one day of shooting would dictate what material we are going to have for the cover. Some editing would be possible of course, but not in the same way as with Sami on Follow the Reaper, Hate Crew Deathroll and Are you Dead yet.

Lot of time was spent on practicing how the red liquid will fly and how to take the best shot of that. Luckily our reaper was the coolest and didn’t mind of waiting and getting wet at times. Can not thank you enough, Ewo @mourumake666

Photos by Jussi Hyttinen, first photo is from the Roadkill book. "

jttak7F.jpg

OQaWpG0.jpg

Reactions: Ragehead
Who selled this to Musamaailma and why?

Edit:
Aha

"Musamaailma Oy sells these items as an assignment by the Alexi Laiho estate."

Reactions: COB-666
I would hate to see it go in to a person's collection or a museum. Would love to see it being used in a place he loved (like the Riff) or in a rehearsal studio for kids etc. Once the gear stops working it could be put in a museum! Crazy idea and don't really know how to go about it but maybe we fans could set up a gofund me or something and try to buy it and then donate if we manage to actually buy it??? (obviously we'd need to contact some reliable person/managment to actually set up this thing as the last thing we want is fraud!!)

I was thinking if any of you guys were in the original 100 guitars from Hel?
I didn't have the chops for it or a convincing way of recording back then so i didn't even make an entry.

" Tales from the depths of lake Bodom pt 8

Everytime I Die was chosen to be the video song for Follow the Reaper album. We hired Tuukka Temonen as the director. Location was in Tampere Finland, in the old Finlayson’s industrial area. We did two days of shooting, first was the performance with the band and next day the forest scene with the reaper and Alexi.

The legend says that Jaska passed out on the drums at some point during the first session late at night when we were still shooting. Temonen confirms this: “yes, I remember clearly Jaska passing out on the drums. Also I remember Ewo being super late the next day for shooting, I guess there was some issues with make up...”

We had to ask Ewo if he remembers this:
“Well I was there only as your driver in the first place. In the morning I got a call that the actual reaper ‘got sick’ and I was asked to do the job. Well, once I got all the stuff on, we had to go back to city to get some painkillers for Alexi’s headache. At least I got people laughing when running in to the pharmacy asking for painkillers in reaper outfit.”

Thanks again Ewo for being our reaper @mourumake666
Photo by Temonen crew on the set day 2. "

l9h1ii7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.