Alexi passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.
9kJvGdr.jpg

---------------

jPE3E68.png

8dWAkM0.jpg

hey guys, just wanted to check in. i know most of what's been said has already been said.

i'm just still so fucking shocked. as previously mentioned, he wasn't looking so good. then he got WAY better. i mean look at this shit

my tears fell to the floor yesterday. i watched the videos, read the shit on the internet. just so empty. he kept saying in so many interviews how being off the road isn't good for him... the 2019 tour was almost sickening seeing him like that. we all had our theories. i had one person message me on reddit privately saying a bunch of shit about his health.. of course with no evidence. clearly he looked absolutely bad,. but i kept the faith that he would heal. and holy shit he did. SO WHAT IN THE FUCK HAPPENED??!!? all i know is... its the fucking end. the end of live music for so many, for so long. the end of record sales, and arena shows... for the unforeseeable future.

i was so very thrilled with the idea that Alexi would write more music. he wasn't happy about it... because Hexed took so much damn work. in fact, the guy worked harder than anyone I'll ever know. it paid off too with Bodom's large offering of music and media. and like so many greats before him, its an evolutionary tale. his writing changes and evolves.

anyways, this is it. i knew my own dreams of being on stage had faded, as i hadn't played a good show in nearly 3 years. in some shitty little no name band. but Alexi was the last of his kind. the magic that Dio spoke about in metal was captured in his writing... and Janne was so perfect with him. As someone said... i haven't been this heartbroken since Dimebag was lost.

in closing, i would like to think that Alexi just pulled an Obi Wan... he just became more powerful than ever! I met the dude three times - twice at NAMM and once at a music store in Austin TX. He stood up and shook my hand after the autograph. No rockstar bullshit.

I do think the last years were very hard financially for the entire band. the music business is so fucked.

RIP ALLU

I remember in 2019 I didn't want to believe any of the rumours. I was concerned, so fucking worried about him but I wanted to believe he'd make it.
But the worry made me realize, even the bands that have always been there, can end any day. I took all the opportunities I got to see him and saw him play for 17 times. I got called crazy and I got sick as hell on a few ocassions but I'm so glad I did all that.

I was planning to go to all the BAM shows this year. So sad they didn't get the chance to play all the shows they wanted to.

I was so hopeful and optimistic, so excited, this came as such a surprise. I'm still im denial. But at the same time I feel like, I can think on the positive side that he died doing what he loves, he died with excitement and inspiration in his life. And things looked much happier in his personal life finally than they were earlier.

So his autobiography came out in 2019 and the ending seemed a bit rushed. Wonder if he got the news about some terminal disease back then and decided now is the time to put out a book.

But then again, he seemed to be now in better shape than he's been for a long time and his playing was on point. He was planning new album and new tours. So what the fuck happened really...

I hope his family feels okay at some point to release information about alexis death. On the other hand it might be against alexis own wishes since he didn't like to talk about his health problems that much.

Reactions: COB-666
I can take a picture of the pile of letters but some I don't know it the writer wants to keep private. Maybe in a private message I can share. But of the memorial itself I am going to take pictures.

Unfortunately I'm there right about now so I can't take any requests anymore. The ones I have received until now will be in an envelope I'm leaving there.

Reactions: Sinthoras_96
Damn, listening to those lyrics about death in the first person...

So for those of you who keep track of lyrics, was there a point in time when the lyrics became more death-oriented?

Damn, listening to those lyrics about death in the first person...

So for those of you who keep track of lyrics, was there a point in time when the lyrics became more death-oriented?

"Not my funeral" is very, very sad now... I listened to it yesterday, but I don’t want it again. Not yet.

I can take a picture of the pile of letters but some I don't know it the writer wants to keep private. Maybe in a private message I can share. But of the memorial itself I am going to take pictures.

Unfortunately I'm there right about now so I can't take any requests anymore. The ones I have received until now will be in an envelope I'm leaving there.
Tbh, I was curious how my message looks like in physical form :D If you have a picture of them you could send me in private, but I don't care if my message can be seen here in public, so hereby I consent from my part.

"Not my funeral" is very, very sad now... I listened to it yesterday, but I don’t want it again. Not yet.
Yeah he created that song because someone predicted his death within the next 10 years. It's crazy and spooky.

But since it's one of my all time favorites, maybe even my most listened to Bodom song at this point, I will keep listening to it and smile to the guitar solo. It's one of those solos only Alexi could have written.

Today, I played Sentenced's Noose in my head on loop, then I decided to give a spin to the whole Down album (gently skipping all the Bodom songs on the way) and it has felt so great (probably because of the similarities in topic with Bodom) then I realised this is the band, that also lost it's main songwriter a few years after their break-up:(

Status
Not open for further replies.