Alexi passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, hearing this hurt a lot. It was hard to focus on work stuff after hearing about Alexi passing. I was able to hold my tears until I got home from work. This wouldn't have come as a shock if this happened in early 2019 but he seemed to be doing a lot better since then. Alexi's music helped me go through a lot of shit when I was younger and it also inspired me to start playing guitar. Rest in peace Alexi. You'll always be my hero.

I’m not sure if I’ve posted here before, but this is quite devastating. I’ve listened to COB since 2008 or so, but heard them first a few years prior to that. Alexi is by far my favorite player and man what a shame this is.

is there any speculation on what he could’ve had or how this whole situation played out? I imagine it’s a sensitive subject, but I can’t help the curiosity.

Reactions: COB-666
" I would never have thought that the death of a person I never met in personal would drag me down so much. "
Right?! Fuck...

When CoB gone, I was sad too, but that's what I told myself: Ok, CoB is gone, but Alexi will make music in BAM. So... maybe CoB is live in the BAM. And I can see Jaska, Janne, Henkka and Alexi, just... not in the CoB.
What can I say now? Well, now Alexi lives in his music and in us. But it's totally different now...

This is really wow...
In my head just last week started the Refrain" Is this my fate, was that my life? I just saw a flash before my eyes" from All Twisted.
Good lord, what a miracle.

@Arcane
I feel with you, tears are hard to cover...It seems all so unreal...
Even so many German News are writing on Alexis Death...Never thought that he was that much famous.

@COB-666
What Video?

Reactions: Norgathaal and Sany
That being said, I actually thought I was over the initial shock, but it hit me harder than I thought.
I would never have thought that the death of a person I never met in personal would drag me down so much.
Same here, it's been very hard to focus on anything today and it kinda hurts to see his face everywhere. I really don't know how to process this.

On the other hand it's nice to see lots of familiar faces again in this thread. Cheers to you all!

Agreed. I'm enjoying seeing Alexi celebrated so much. This morning, I felt a little silly for feeling as strongly as I do about it. He's the first 'idol' of mine I've ever lost. But after seeing everyone else's feelings, it makes me feel more normal about feeling so sad about it. RIP, Alexi.

But after more than 20 years of listening to Bodom I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes, listening to Follow The Reaper, reading all the concolences of famous musicians on instagram.

Listen to that song and that pre-solo part especially in Children of Decadence for me please, because I just can't... I tried but I can't....:cry:

Damaged beyond repair, I hurt, Relapse, Kick in the spleen, This road (is gonna kill me) - I didn't really read into these at the time, but I guess it was really more than just your typical rock'n'roll cliche

We rocked, went crazy
And far beyond
When I look back
And ask myself
Was it worth it?
Hell yeah
Ignore the Pain

What a fucking shame

I've lurked this forums for COB news so many times in the past but I never ever expected to be lurking on a post about Alexi's death.
Thank you for sharing your pain in this moment, reading it makes me feel like I'm not alone in this one.

I just wanted to say that COB's and Alexi's music have been with me for the last 18 years of my life and will continue to be in it forever.
It helped me get through hardships but also good times. Their songs and records are like portals back in time remembering myself who I am and why I've become what I am now.

I never thought I'd be crying while hugging my guitar, the Jackson RR I bought because of Alexi but I guess that's how it is.

Thanks Alexi for making me feel things nobody else could. You'll be forever loved and missed.

One of the first times I met Alexi I felt like I gotta tell him that his music helped me get over my suicidal thoughts and self harming. I was a nervous wreck but I said it and I thanked him for the music. He hugged me and said "It will all be alright"

I have been crying all day and now I'm jusy drunk as hell remembering all the good stuffs, been on the phone with many friends just remembering. That hug meant so much to me then and his words keep ringing in my ears that it will be alright.

Alexi I would not be this person without you. I am crushed but I hope we'll meet again somewhere. I am so grateful I got to be alive the same time as you.

So many years of keeping up with him and the band, and so many iconic moments that will stick with everyone forever.

Watching all the COB TV, old live videos like the Seoul show and Chaos Ridden Years or documentaries, reading up on his gear for hours or watching the instructional videos, even just random interviews and the buildup for new albums or browsing this forum.

So much love for him, I’ll forever cherish those moments that meant so much growing up.

I don't think that's what Ola was trying to get with his new video, but his newest video has more Alexi condolences than comments about his video itself.

That being said, I actually thought I was over the initial shock, but it hit me harder than I thought.
I would never have thought that the death of a person I never met in personal would drag me down so much.

But after more than 20 years of listening to Bodom I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes, listening to Follow The Reaper, reading all the concolences of famous musicians on instagram.

You perfectly described my current feelings. RIP Alexi, I will never forged.

I am at a loss for words. So many memories I can directly link to certain songs, growing up while discovering the band, so much joy I had and making friends through the music...
Like many others have said, I didn't think I could be so sad and devastated over the death of a person I didn't know personally.

My biggest influence is gone, rest in peace

izY2m4t.jpg

JpL1inK.png

Reactions: Norgathaal
I thought when we first found out during the initial announcement, it would be the worst of it. But the longer it goes, reality starts to sink in. it just keeps getting worse. I'm tearing up a lot, and I can't really focus on anything else...Alexi has really made such a meaningful impact on all of us, I'm happy to see that there are so many others here who can also relate. I also know that the last 3 Bodom After Midnight songs are going to kill me to listen to, when they finally get released. In a way it is kind of his "final gift" to all of us

Status
Not open for further replies.