Alexi passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, to be honest, it was actually a bit disappointing how simple it was, and I was one of the worst players there. But it was understandable as complex stuff wouldn't have sounded well on 100 amps.
The experience in itself was great though.

https://outburn.com/news/outburn-93-cover/

This magazine has a special limited edition with:

1 Exclusive 8″ x 8″ Bodom After Midnight Metallic Cover Art Print
5 Alexi Laiho Live Metallic Photo Prints
1 Exclusive Bodom After Midnight Enamel Pin
1 Bodom After Midnight Guitar Pick
1 Bodom After Midnight Sticker

Might be interesting for some people here. The shipping costs are brutal though

https://outburn.com/news/outburn-93-cover/

This magazine has a special limited edition with:

1 Exclusive 8″ x 8″ Bodom After Midnight Metallic Cover Art Print
5 Alexi Laiho Live Metallic Photo Prints
1 Exclusive Bodom After Midnight Enamel Pin
1 Bodom After Midnight Guitar Pick
1 Bodom After Midnight Sticker

Might be interesting for some people here. The shipping costs are brutal though

I wish there were a picture of all that stuff.

" Tales from the depths of lake Bodom pt 9

With Hate Crew Deathroll album art we knew we would use Sami Saramaki, again. He had done such a good job with Follow The Reaper. However this time we didn’t know what would be the colour.

It was Alexi’s idea to have the reaper in an urban environment. But, what colour? Many people had been joking that “it should be yellow, right”? But we did not want yellow. At one point we had purple on the table but it was ruled out cos Alexi did not want to have the same color as Sinergy’s debut album had.

We sat in front of Henkka’s laptop and went through the drafts. This was easily the longest album art process we had had. Then suddenly it clicked. That was it! It will be red!

For this album we created the cobhc-font, thanks to the artist Sami himself for the idea.

We asked Sami what he thinks of this job now after all these years. Well, I can’t remember anything special about this project, even though I have to say that I am very happy with this artwork still today. The only thing that bothers me a little is that the scythe is somehow in a weird or actually wrong angle“.

And yes for some reason we chose to hide the teeth after all.

#hcdr@s_saramaki "

3eoJaAT.jpg

izvmEV7.jpg

tOZsAL6.jpg

Still the best cover art imho. It's just pure aggression, which fits the album very well.

Has anyone ever explained how on earth they came up with that album title?

Well they picked that song. The question would rather be how they came up with the title of the song. But since Alexi wrote the lyrics and the songs had different names before the lyrics were added to them, Alexi would be the one to answer that question.

I guess it should be a metapher for: Bodom (and the Crew - the Complete Hate Crew) is now rolling with their music over Europe and the world.

More interesting for me are titles like:

- Triple Corpse Hammerblow
- Sixpounder
- Living Dead Beat
- Pussyfoot Miss Suicide

I guess it should be a metapher for: Bodom (and the Crew - the Complete Hate Crew) is now rolling with their music over Europe and the world.

More interesting for me are titles like:

- Triple Corpse Hammerblow
- Sixpounder
- Living Dead Beat
- Pussyfoot Miss Suicide
Sixpounder is a cannon. Mostly used in the revolutionary war.

Reactions: <Arcane>
The 57mm anti-tank cannon used by the British and US forces during WW2 is also known as a 6-pounder.

Pussyfoot Miss Suicide is about some girl Alexi knew from school if I remember correctly.
I thought it was about a drug or something lol. You’re probably right.

Yeah, Pussyfoot is about a girl Alexi knew who would always bitch and moan about being suicidal and hurting herself for attention, though she never actually did anything.

"Just slit your wrists with a blunt dull block of wood/ Upgrade to a grater and still it won't do no good/ Come on, Miss Suicide, let me hand the blade to you/ and since we're here you might as well cut me too"

You are correct about Sixpounder.

Living Dead Beat, I'm unsure. I've always wondered if it was a Deadbeat who was living, like a good for nothing lowlife dude, or if it was the Beat of the Living Dead, like zombies and shit.

pussy foot - for some reason i always had a feeling he was talking about kim. dont know why other than Kim seems like the typical goth girl i knew back in school that was always said she would kill herself and would cut herself but would never actually do it. Im probably wrong but its where my mind went.

Reactions: MattK
Status
Not open for further replies.