Alexi's ESP guitars...

Plankcore

Felate me plz.
Sep 24, 2006
Edinburgh, Scotland
What happened to that black fella with the yellow pinstripes? He doesn't seem to use it anymore. Did it break or does he just not like it? Really liked that design but he didn't even use it on Chaos Ridden Years. =(

ToddBrown_1754.jpg

it got replaced by the black one with white pinstripes...

By the video, and not seeing it live, I would suggest that it is his backstage/warm up guitar?
Observation: In the video, he seems to have changed the tuning post on the low C string. Anyone know why?
And why did he scratch CKY on the guitar?

yea thats what I was thinking.,though personally I would want to be warming up and the same exact guitar I play with on stage but thats just me.

he usually plays one main guitar for the show, maybe switching, usually for tuning reasons (sixpounder, angels don't kill etc.), i think he might still have it, but he just had a custom shop esp black w/ white pinstripes, so i think that's why he hasn't played the yellow lately

I don't know about anyone else, but I really wish Alexi was still playing that old school "Wildchild" Jackson. His tone on the dvd is pretty thin. I don't know if it has to do with his amp or if it was just poorly recorded, but it seems like his old guitar was a lot more melodic.

I don't know about anyone else, but I really wish Alexi was still playing that old school "Wildchild" Jackson. His tone on the dvd is pretty thin. I don't know if it has to do with his amp or if it was just poorly recorded, but it seems like his old guitar was a lot more melodic.

lol a more melodic guitar?

That's just like saying hey recommend me a faster amp lawl.

That guitar got stolen. Apparantly it was found earlier this year but I can't remember the full story. And his current tone is far from being "thin".

lol a more melodic guitar?

That's just like saying hey recommend me a faster amp lawl.

That guitar got stolen. Apparantly it was found earlier this year but I can't remember the full story. And his current tone is far from being "thin".

Different instruments produce different tones, its the difference between a $50 guitar and a $5000 guitar. String instuments in particular are made of different materials that vibrate sound differently, hence producing different sound from one another.

I know that I am not the only one who takes issue with Alexi's sound on the dvd, listen to the beginning of In Your Face, there is hardly any note, it is mostly distortion.
Also, even Alexi says he isn't happy with the guitar sound on AYDY, right?