Alexi's ESP guitars...

┼Victim of the Night┼;5572300 said:
Oh yeah, I loved that guitar too, you're right...
But now there's the ESP one, and ok, it's good anyway but the Jackson guitar was really.... well, no, no, don't let me talk anymore.

Go ahead, you can say it...

£5? That's less that a pack of guitar strings!! I might keep an eye on this actually.

Just know that you need a larger route for those pickups - they're much bigger than normal pickups. And of course they sound really weak without a JE-1000 (or EMG PA-2).

Just know that you need a larger route for those pickups - they're much bigger than normal pickups. And of course they sound really weak without a JE-1000 (or EMG PA-2).

Have you put it in yet? Do you have a PA2? I have a Jackson J90c pickup...you can take that cover off and it will look and fit like a regular humbucker. With the cover on, I have to widen the edges a bit (a rasp will do the job). And you need a bigger pickup ring too.

┼Victim of the Night┼;5572300 said:
Oh yeah, I loved that guitar too, you're right...
But now there's the ESP one, and ok, it's good anyway but the Jackson guitar was really.... well, no, no, don't let me talk anymore.

But... I want you to talk...

Have you put it in yet? Do you have a PA2? I have a Jackson J90c pickup...you can take that cover off and it will look and fit like a regular humbucker. With the cover on, I have to widen the edges a bit (a rasp will do the job). And you need a bigger pickup ring too.

I'm in the middle of building the guitar the 50BC is going into. So far I only have the fingerboard done; actually I still need to stain it a little darker and cut it down to the right length and width. In the next few weeks I'll be attaching the wings to the neck (it'll be neck thru), and shape the body and neck.

I considered putting the 50BC in my SV, but I'd rather keep that as a practice guitar if the one I'm building turns out as good as I'm hoping...

If you want Alexi's tone, just get a Lee Jackson GP-1000 and cheap power amp like a Peavey Classic 50/50. Total is less than $500. And you can probably find a Marshall 1960 cab for ~$400. But you'll need a boost for your pickup to make the GP-1000 to sound the way it should. EMG PA-2: $35. And while you're at it, grab an EMG 81 to throw in your guitar: $80. Total is $1015. Sure, it might be over your budget, but your tone will sound exactly like Alexi's (better actually with the 81 over the HZ. And if you can find a Jackson J-50BC and JE-1000, even better). Around a thousand dollars for a complete amp setup that will sound BADASS isn't very much if you think about it...

hey, is this any good? http://cgi.ebay.com/Lee-Jackson-GP-...2QQihZ008QQcategoryZ10171QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Yep. Looks like a good deal.

There are a couple others that'll be ending soon, which are cheaper but not in as good a condition, cosmetically.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LEE-JACKSON-GP-...DVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item290049045963

http://cgi.ebay.com/LEE-JACKSON-GP-...DVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item290049046422

Should be a pretty big bidding war though.

Shweet, I got a Jackson J50 too. :D

Nww this pickup is designed for active electronics right? So I could still put it in my guitar that's passive and it'll still work? But just not be as "hot"...

I'm sure it'll be better than the stock BC Rich pickups I have in there at the moment but if it's not, then I'll just take it back out and wait until I have a guitar that's active.

Shweet, I got a Jackson J50 too. :D

Nww this pickup is designed for active electronics right? So I could still put it in my guitar that's passive and it'll still work? But just not be as "hot"...

I'm sure it'll be better than the stock BC Rich pickups I have in there at the moment but if it's not, then I'll just take it back out and wait until I have a guitar that's active.

It's a passive pickup, so yes it works without battery power, but from what I've heard, they're actually kind of weak (for metal) without an active boost, but you might be able to compensate by increasing gain on the amp or using a boost pedal, like a Boss SD-1. An EMG PA-2 would work fine as an internal preamp, although the JE-1000 is supposedly much more alive sounding and not as noisy. I'm holding out for a JE.:kickass:

Passive? I thought it was an active pickup, ah well.

What exactly is a JE-1000? I searched on google but I couldn't find a definite definition.

Oh, one of those. That's the gainboost that Alexi has isn't it?

I knew he had one but I don't know all the names of the stuff.

I don't even know how to install pickups. :lol: I just felt like I needed to buy it because it started out cheap.

If I bought one of those JE-1000's, I'd have to cut a hole in the guitar wouldn't I? To make space for the switch thing.

Oh, one of those. That's the gainboost that Alexi has isn't it?

I knew he had one but I don't know all the names of the stuff.

I don't even know how to install pickups. :lol: I just felt like I needed to buy it because it started out cheap.

If I bought one of those JE-1000's, I'd have to cut a hole in the guitar wouldn't I? To make space for the switch thing.

You don't really have to drill any extra holes. If you don't care about versatility, you could just set it to the high gain sound you want and keep all the electronics inside the control cavity. You'd have to unscrew the cover to get to it again, but if you're looking for the one-trick-pony Alexi guitar sound, you won't need to change it very often.

Oh, and good luck finding a JE-1000. I've been searching for almost a year with no luck. But you can buy the MM04, the JE clone Musamaailma (Finnish guitar dealer) sells for 100 Euros :erk:. They can be contacted at sales@musamaailma.fi if you're interested. But I'm still waiting to find the real deal.

That idea about leaving it on one setting sounds like something I'd do. I probably wouldn't change it too much. But if it's that rare, I guess I'll forget about that idea for a while.

I think I'll worry about getting the pickup installed and working first. :)