Alexi's ESP guitars...

If you want Alexi's tone, just get a Lee Jackson GP-1000 and cheap power amp like a Peavey Classic 50/50. Total is less than $500. And you can probably find a Marshall 1960 cab for ~$400. But you'll need a boost for your pickup to make the GP-1000 to sound the way it should. EMG PA-2: $35. And while you're at it, grab an EMG 81 to throw in your guitar: $80. Total is $1015. Sure, it might be over your budget, but your tone will sound exactly like Alexi's (better actually with the 81 over the HZ. And if you can find a Jackson J-50BC and JE-1000, even better). Around a thousand dollars for a complete amp setup that will sound BADASS isn't very much if you think about it...

Agreed

What happened to that black fella with the yellow pinstripes? He doesn't seem to use it anymore. Did it break or does he just not like it? Really liked that design but he didn't even use it on Chaos Ridden Years. =(

ToddBrown_1754.jpg
its ugly lol :D

If you want Alexi's tone, just get a Lee Jackson GP-1000 and cheap power amp like a Peavey Classic 50/50. Total is less than $500. And you can probably find a Marshall 1960 cab for ~$400. But you'll need a boost for your pickup to make the GP-1000 to sound the way it should. EMG PA-2: $35. And while you're at it, grab an EMG 81 to throw in your guitar: $80. Total is $1015. Sure, it might be over your budget, but your tone will sound exactly like Alexi's (better actually with the 81 over the HZ. And if you can find a Jackson J-50BC and JE-1000, even better). Around a thousand dollars for a complete amp setup that will sound BADASS isn't very much if you think about it...

well i already have a cheap 10watt ibanez amp, it came with the ibanez guitar i bought. it was one of those starter pack deals. and the next guitar i'm going to buy is going to be something very good...and i won't mind spending money on it. but i'm telling myself that i have to earn it first. i've barely been playing 6 months now, so that guitar wont come for a while. but you say that jackson is good? i'll check it out. and thanks for all the amp tips.

So did Alexi get his stolen Jackson back or not? I guess he wouldn't be able to play it because of his ESP deal (complete shame), but its sad that it was taken from him, that guitar was the shit.

Reminds me of when Metallica's equipment was stolen. I understand that Hetfield searched the world looking for an amp that sounded the same and never found one.

i cant find that fuckin j-50-bc, its so awesome but its even not available on ebay... GRRR

No, no... it is obvious that the amp is pretty faster... that's all it's about.

While I believe the amp can not be faster than Laiho, himself.

I did not like the Jackson tone while I am an ESP lover, his tone is not good still. But that's the way CoB likes... they like to have that kind of tone, and main reason I can think is; it is about Janne's tones.

there was one last week on ebay for 25$ buy it now. i'm getting one from my friend, and i'm getting a je1000 very soon to :).

I finally got one myself - found a for sale thread in a google search. Dude wanted $30 shipped. And yes, the JE-1000 is so close I can taste it. ;)

Lol im going from 24 to 22 :p But thats because my current guitar is a piece of crap.

Hey man, once you've gone to 24 frets, you'll never want to go back - especially for playing Bodom stuff.

yes I know. I need a better band/backup guitar than my jackson rx10d is. Rhoads Pro is perfect for that...we're playing black metal in band, so I don't need 24 frets. I have a Jackson Stars for bodom stuff ;). RR1 is too expensive for me at the moment.

MasqueReaper said:
....but I really wish Alexi was still playing that old school "Wildchild" Jackson.

Oh yeah, I loved that guitar too, you're right...
But now there's the ESP one, and ok, it's good anyway but the Jackson guitar was really.... well, no, no, don't let me talk anymore.