Alexi's guitar Floyd rose setup

BodomiC said:
Kramer Pacer Custom I USA '88 or '89 cant really figure.

that's the guitar he got.

the guitar in is picture ain't a Jackson, i thought it was one too but than i asked him and he told me something else (can't remember).

sinergyguitars.jpg

Reactions: Mammoth
is somebody gonna tell us what is the difference between a normal Floyd Rose setup and Alexi's one?

I have a Jackson guitar with an original Floyd Rose and I want to have a sound as similar to alexi's as possible: I love the sound of CoB's guits :headbang:

I have this setup

--1-2-3--
--|-|-|--
-|--|--|-
|---|---|

And it gives loose feeling too :D

Pics of my new guitar will be in two weeks, I cant make them sooner :D Anyway the old one is polish shitty stuff, theres no need to mention its name...

No....

I jsut did this to my guitar when i saw this thread.

basically it takes a lot less effort to push the bar.
its more of a smoother, floaty feeling.
Its hard to explain. it feels cool. Try it.

Unfortunetaly I don't have a Floyd.. Only a shity Vintage vibrato on my jackson...
I removed the trem some days ago when I put on new strings. Won't put it up there again, the tuning just messes up fully when I press the bar...
Maybe I'll get an Ibanez someday, then I'm gonna try it! :D

i tried that setup (the one in the pic) and it's cool, but i use just 2 springs, diagonally, like this:

spring-diagram.gif

it's a bit harder to tune (floating, original FR baseplate, mounting posts, etc. with Jackson
"licensed under" saddles) but gives me a much more subtle edge for note bends. anyway, i
like this setup a lot.

I have an original FR bridge, just like Alexi, but the black color. The setup is quite good, cuz the is no side affect while just after pressing the bar and releasing then there is no thing like some strings would wind and give additional unwanted soud. Thats pretty cool

btw, @ Delt doesnt 2 spring setup gives you some trouble with tuning strings above 9-46 ? For me with 3 springs is a problem to tune to proper e strings of 10-56 kind...

nah, no problem at all for that. i use d'addario .09 (.23cm) and everything works fine in
standard tuning.... i find them a bit too loose when tuned in D tho.. but that got nothing to
do with the springs.