Alexi's guitar Floyd rose setup

is it me having eye sight problems, or there seems to be some kind of toggle switch on alexi's whammy bar in
that pic? like, just on top of the collar where it meets the bridge, if you look closely..?

he's used a EMG-PA2 before, but thats the jackson gain booster preamp...mini toggle..something like 20db gain? i dunno..good comparison is like No2 for cars...just do it for guitar and viola, more power.

BodomiC said:
Kramer Pacer Custom I USA '88 or '89 cant really figure.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pacer_A_03_small.jpg

The Kramer Pacer of Cars!

Sorry Bodomic! :D

Anyway wouldn't an "offset" spring action on the back cause the bridge to yaw to one side basically fucking up the tension to the strings??

I changed my floyd setup to alexi's and.. it's really great. You can push and pull the trem bar much easier imo.. only one problem.. the low E doesn't seem to stay in tune :\

Barr WildChild said:
I changed my floyd setup to alexi's and.. it's really great. You can push and pull the trem bar much easier imo.. only one problem.. the low E doesn't seem to stay in tune :\

Exactly what I thought!!! Lock in? Well do you you have a lock at the top of the fretboard for the strings or just straight into the head?

@BodomiC :lol: GO Kramer GO :loco:
(Actually my Korean rr-3 is pretty SHITTY I would have my other guitar an Ibanez rg320qs anyday over it! But I would'nt be as cool playing that so I am trying to get use to playing the lesser quality one in order to get two bundles of chicks!) :saint:

@ Mammoth, thx for those words, Im really gonna record some stuff and you will jump out of yer boots :lol:

This e-tune thing is common, it will tune, but while playing youre suppose to bend it a lil'bit. Thats what a friend of mine said. When Ill change the strings, the FR setup will be changed and Ill record some samples so all you motherf... can bow :worship:

Reactions: Mammoth
BodomiC said:
@ Mammoth, thx for those words, Im really gonna record some stuff and you will jump out of yer boots :lol:

This e-tune thing is common, it will tune, but while playing youre suppose to bend it a lil'bit. Thats what a friend of mine said. When Ill change the strings, the FR setup will be changed and Ill record some samples so all you motherf... can bow :worship:

Ha ha your on bub´! You know I am just pulling your string but it's so much fun that it is always you that happens to find the little planted Kramer mines! :lol: No hard feelings eh? :)
ps. What is up with that bow figure, the texture sucks royal ass, beats me why the hell they even placed it here! :confused:

delt said:
i have a toggle switch fetish :) :)

no really, i never saw a toggle switch right on top of a whammy bar collar... that's weird.

i just played through megaman 5 -)
on top of the whammy collar? wtf? thats the collar for the bar. you screw it in to the baseplate via the collar...

the mini toggle is located just below the floyd plate and behind the volume knob...i dunno what you're looking at...

> on top of the whammy collar? wtf? thats the collar for the
> bar. you screw it in to the baseplate via the collar...

yeah, that,s why i said wtf is a toggle switch doing there???

rrll-whammybar.gif

in that picture it does look like there's a toggle switch right on top of the bar.. or i'm just having eye sight problems. Probably just reflections in the metal.

heh heh :) :) look closely, the reflections in the metal look kinda like a toggle switch, a kinda flat one in the "down" position.. it's hard to say because it's just a scanned pic, but it was kinda confusing me

Mmh, I don't want to start a thread just to ask one question, so I use this one which is guitar related.

What's the use of the small bar you can see near the string blocker ?
http://www.espguitars.net/gallery/overseas/alexi_laiho/index.html
Sorry I don't know the technical names in english. I don't think there was such a bar on the jackson. It's supposed to be a 13 degrees peghead or something like that, so why this bar ?