Alexi's Recording guitars

Jan 19, 2006
Hey ive been wondering what guitars did Alexi use to record all of CoB's Albums?

Also, the guitar part on Follow the Reaper (the song) sounds different then all of the other songs in the albums: Hatebreeder, FTR, and HCDR. Is it just me or is there a different guitar used for that specific song??

He used his Ibanez RG 220B and his Jackson Custom Shop RR from Jiri Jalkanen for Something Wild. He played his Jackson's (the one from Jiri and his black/yellow/wildchild guitar :p) until 2002, and then they got stolen :p HCDR was recorded with his Jacksons. And AYDY was recorded with his "new" guitars, those ESP RV's..

Well, the song FTR sounds kinda "trebly".. I think he used different settings for that one.. :)

FTR was produced by a different guy, so there is a different tone to the entire album.

The guitar stuff on Follow the Reaper, when the singing starts, is damn good stuff, but fuck it you can't hear it.

I'm pretty sure Alexi uses the same guitars for FTR as he always did. He's alwayz been using the Jackson guitars and just switched to ESP which are just as good in my opinion. If you're still not sure, go look in the FAQ's and see what kind of equipment he uses.

BTW, LMFAO at the Joonas joke.

Well, bobvex said that some other guy produced FTR and that's the reason why it sounds "different".

But maybe that was the time when Alexi and Janne came nearer.. and maybe because of too much b4Ts3ck5 he had to make the sound more "trebly"

Very good logic. :D

^FTR production does sound differnt. Was SW and HB produced by the same guy? Cuz in SW, it sounded like their was more echoing and the atmosphere felt really dark and gloomy. Then in HB it sounded normal. FTR sounds trembly probably cuz there's more bass. I think HCDR had the best production though. Everything is crystal clear.

I think SW and HB were produced by the same guy. I don't know, but in the song FTR isn't much bass.. Whatever, I also think that HCDR has the best production.. it sounds really great. And AYDY... well, I like it :p