Alexi's Strings

OutlawCFH

Wild Child Jr
Dec 1, 2002
BC,Canada
Visit site
I'm just wondering what size strings he uses. It must be fairly light since he's ripping up and down the fretboard at the speed of light :Spin: LOL
So,what brand and size does he use?

OoDee said:
Well they can't be too light since the guy tunes to down to C (as far as I know). Besides, Stevie Ray Vaughan ripped on .13's. So it could be anything really but my guess it's at least .11 or maybe .10.

OoDee

i would think .09 or .10's, since .11 are a little too big to play that fast but mmaayybbee .08's since those are really easy to play fast on, thats what i use

Alexi's strings are relatively thick, you can see in some photos... definately not 09's, probably not 10's either... 11's or higher, yes plenty of people shred on heavier guage strings. and with the heavy use of whammy Alexi uses (especially live), 9's or even 10's would probably break in no time

OutlawCFH said:
I'm just wondering what size strings he uses. It must be fairly light since he's ripping up and down the fretboard at the speed of light :Spin: LOL
So,what brand and size does he use?

about the brand, once I asked Henkka what's the brand all of 'em use, he said "any brand".. and btw he also said they change the damn strings every third show

~Rappion Lapsi~ said:
What - The - Fuck? How about his bras? :lol:

Rappio, taasko ne sun "enku kynpi" taidot täytyy todistaa vai heräskö pikku pervo sun sisällä?

For those who doesnt speak finnish, you dont need to know what i said...

~Rappion Lapsi~ said:
What - The - Fuck? How about his bras? :lol:
icon_wtf.gif

im a shredder and i find it easiest to use 10,s or 11,s , infact id say i find it a lot harder with anything thinner

but guitarists like malmsteen use 8's

but becuase he has a thick rhythm sound, that to me is an indication that he uses some like 10 52's

I remember reading in a magazine him saying something like. "we're tuned to D and use 11-50s because they sound good and taste great" or something wacky like that.

Edit: I believe it was guitar world.

PanzerKunt said:
Lately he has changed to these ones it seems.

Thats some nevah-forgive-action right there.

Im pretty sure Bodom is tuned down a full step for FTR, HB, and HCDR, whereas Somthing Wild was mostly 1 & 1/2 Steps. Sixpounder is 1 step with a Dropped C, similar to all of AYDY, and I used to think Angels dont kill was 2 steps tuned down but ive been told it is also 1 step with a Dropped C.

Also Someone told me Black Widow was in Standard which is wrong, and Northern Comfort which I am unsure.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Rock Hydra said:
I remember reading in a magazine him saying something like. "we're tuned to D and use 11-50s because they sound good and taste great" or something wacky like that.

Edit: I believe it was guitar world.

Yeah, it was Guitar World. He uses .11 DR strings and they tune to D standard and Drop C for a lot of the new album and a few old songs.

I think Something Wild was C standard? Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Wings of a dream said:
Doesn't all that tuning change make Janne's work a lot harder?

well i'm pretty sure every bodom song is in either D standard or drop C but ye tranposing on a keyboard is a fucking pain thank god for guitar pro :p

oh and thinking in intervals helps, i know where C,D,E,F,A minor are, that mode begining with a p (pyhian i think) just starts 2 intervals up, the other minor key i aint sure on, and as for major keys i aint got a bloody clue, but aint like i'm really gunna use them anyway