Alexi's Vocals

just do it how you feel comfortable alot of peoples throat hurt at first with screaming and growling, but you get used to it, im in a few band where i do all the growls and now i can growl as easy as i can talk

You can't really learn it from video.
I mean, it could help, but from personal experience, I find it's just easier to learn yourself.
I wish I could get a high growl going like Black Dahlia Murder's old stuff or Bodom's old stuff, but I do deep growls so much better.
Is it just me, or are deep growls easier to do?

I thought the fact that any retard such as Alexi can do those vocals were enough information to accept that what Nick says is true.

You didnt ask for my advice, but im giving it all the same. Dont start on regulars, we'll kick your arse one way or another.

Edit: Possible come backs:

"Stfu English/Southerner/Brummie cunt."

Its been done before, so this is a dead end.

"OMG U KNOW NOTHIN ABOUT MY LIFE, I GET BULLIED AT SCHOOL EVERY DAY, THEN I GET HOME AND UR BEING A CUNT, IM REPORTING YOU."

Simply, go ahead.

Yea I was just reading through this thread and yea, did I say a fucking word to you? And grats on getting bullied. ;)

but if I learn myself, i'll end up ripping my vocal cords out..

If you're careful you won't. "Don't overdo it" could be a good advice, you should get used to it eventually. Also, some people are better at it that others. For example, I can growl but I can't scream, ohwell >.<

Also if you really cared about vocal cords you wouldn't seriously want to learn death metal vocals. lol Maybe try an instrument - much safer, and def. my choice.

Im sure its been said before somewhere, but to avoid damage to your vocal chords you've got to sing from your diaphragm...google it for details I guess.

I usually don't pay attention to his vocals at all. For me it's all about the riffs and solos. I think an instrumental album would kick ass.

Alexi`s vocals are actually pretty terrible, tbh.

denouement said:
I usually don't pay attention to his vocals at all. For me it's all about the riffs and solos. I think an instrumental album would kick ass.

Which brings me to another thought; the bastard creation of Bodom instrumental with a different vocalist, ie Rob Halford? That would either be extremely awesome, or just wrong, I cant quite decide.

Nah CoB would be a different band without the drunken-sounding vocals of Alexi. And if you get a good vocalist in CoB then you'd divert too much attention from the cool stuff, otherwise the vocals are just a background noise ^______^

I actually like Alexi's vocals compared to most other death metal vocalists. Especially on earlier albums.