Alexi's Vocals

Well i'm starting a band with a few friends and we've decided that we're going to learn to sing.
I personally love Alexi's vocals and was wondering if he was taught by anyone in particular. There's a woman called Mellissa Cross and she taught Randy Blythe, so I was wondering if Alexi was taught by her, or someone else.
If anyone knows is there like any lessons on DVD's?
Thanks.:kickass:

You don't need lessons...just practice. Scream or growl as loud as you can, then find the errors and do it again.

Edit: Use the search function..there are loads of threads like this on this board.

Melissa Cross doesn't teach people how to sing(or growl). You have to come up with your own style. She just shows you warm-up exercises and techniques for better breathing and to prevent permanent throat damage.

screaming/growling isnt learned from a teacher, you have to teach yourself a style you like and can do

I can do good growls in a whisper/speaking sort of volume.
When I try the stomach thing, it always ends up out my throat and makes it have a raw feeling. I've always been told everywhere, if it hurts even in the slightest, you're doing it wrong.
I was thinking about the Mellissa Cross DVD's just for the breathing, any suggestions?

And everytime I do it, I can get slightly louder, like playing along with tracks, but I get either really thirsty or really, really, really light headed - and if I sit down to have a break I get a terrible headache.

I can do good growls in a whisper/speaking sort of volume.
When I try the stomach thing, it always ends up out my throat and makes it have a raw feeling. I've always been told everywhere, if it hurts even in the slightest, you're doing it wrong.
I was thinking about the Mellissa Cross DVD's just for the breathing, any suggestions?

And everytime I do it, I can get slightly louder, like playing along with tracks, but I get either really thirsty or really, really, really light headed - and if I sit down to have a break I get a terrible headache.

That used to be the same with me, keep practing after a month of daily 10 min practices your voice will increase in voulme and if yor me fuck up and go all melo death like alexi's only a bit better like petri from norther :)

its not hard to do, i dont understand why people have to ask how to growl, and its the same with screaming you can ever do it or not. dont look at all the fanboys on youtube cos 80% of them can not do what they are talking about.

I thought the fact that any retard such as Alexi can do those vocals were enough information to accept that what Nick says is true.

You didnt ask for my advice, but im giving it all the same. Dont start on regulars, we'll kick your arse one way or another.

Edit: Possible come backs:

"Stfu English/Southerner/Brummie cunt."

Its been done before, so this is a dead end.

"OMG U KNOW NOTHIN ABOUT MY LIFE, I GET BULLIED AT SCHOOL EVERY DAY, THEN I GET HOME AND UR BEING A CUNT, IM REPORTING YOU."

Simply, go ahead.

Well, show me a video of you doing it?
It is hard if you want to do it properly. So if you can do it, show me.

its like anything musical, you have to sit there, you can not just watch a video and it will all come to you, the best thing you can do is learn to sing, this will give you all the things you need to do to control your diaphragm etc.

don't sit there looking at the shit that all the 'deathcore' kids are spilling out over youtube, they have just heard people talking about it and therefor think they know it all.

You just need to make sure that you're wasted and got a broken tone lol. Alexi is pretty much doing like a lazy version of growl, if you watch his older cids he used to do standard stuff =)