To all guitar players out there

Feb 16, 2002
hell
Visit site
What gauge strings do you use? I use size 9. I find it is really smooth for the solos, but sometimes it can be hard to control, as it is easy to pull the strings too far and make bends sound rather crappy. I was thinking of using bigger gauge strings as I think it might sound better when tuned down, but I was wondering what you all think.

Btw, I use the Dean Markley Blue Steel strings. I tried d'Addario and Boomers, but I hated them.

guitarplus.gif

Yeah, I like to be tuned down to either D, Dflat or C, I rarely go below that. But when 9 strings are tuned much lower than A440, I find it becomes harder to be precise during leads - especially for tapping, pull-offs and bends and if you don't do it correctly, you can sound out of key. When I first tried the 11 strings (a while back ago), I didn't really like soloing on them - as it felt unnatural and way too rigid, but I never really gave it a chance. I probably just need to get used to it. One thing's for sure, I am never going back to 8 - waay too smooth!

I use 10-46's and tune down to full D. I used to use 9's in full D, but the strings were like rubber bands, the tone suffered a bit. When I bought my new guitar, it came strung with 10's I liked the feel of em, so stuck with it.

Btw guys, can you tell me what brand of strings you use? As mentioned earlier, I use the Dean Markley Blue Steel ones as I find they sound rather crisp and have this great shiny-like quality to them, but I am thinking of trying others out of curiosity and would like to know your opinion.

I only use Thomastik-Infelds. They're brass plated and are bad as fuck. Dont lose their tone like... ever almost.

powerbright heavy bottom mediums and medium lights...
11-53 and 10-50.

I usually tune to C.

J

I´ve got a custom DR string set:

10-15-20-26-36-50

because my guitar is 3/4 inches smaller than a normal guitar and I because use dropped D-tuning. Stardard sets are designed for stardard guitars, so they won´t fit in my guitar.