Aliens

Weston

Jun 8, 2010
WA usa
So Mike, Aliens!
It's also my favorite film, along with Alien. Since 1rst grade.

I think you and Circus Maximus are the "Aliens" of Music : )
What do you like about the film?

I also wanted to know if you have seen Danny Boyle's "Sunshine" (2007). I think it's one of the only films as good as Alien/Aliens within the genre.

Event Horizon and The Black Hole are really fun as well.

I wish I could hang out with you and watch some intelligent psychological wicked sci fi.

Good luck on the new album. Your vocals are better than anything I have ever heard, absolutely beautiful.

-Wes

So Mike, Aliens!
It's also my favorite film, along with Alien. Since 1rst grade.

I think you and Circus Maximus are the "Aliens" of Music : )
What do you like about the film?

I also wanted to know if you have seen Danny Boyle's "Sunshine" (2007). I think it's one of the only films as good as Alien/Aliens within the genre.

Event Horizon and The Black Hole are really fun as well.

I wish I could hang out with you and watch some intelligent psychological wicked sci fi.

Good luck on the new album. Your vocals are better than anything I have ever heard, absolutely beautiful.

-Wes

Yo bro ;)

Hell yeah , Aliens is my favourite movie of all time :worship: I think I have seen that movie more then 150 times :loco: The movie has this perfect build up all the way..from Ripleys wake up to Ripleys fight with the Alien mother.

Hard to pick one favourite scene , but I really love the part at the "final frontier". The guys are all settled and believe they can get through the night with only the use of the kick-ass-killing-machineguns , when the Aliens are coming in from the roof..." THEY ARE GONNA COME IN HERE , AND THEY`RE GONNA COME IN HERE AND THEY ARE GONNA KILL US " :lol:

Event Horizon was creepy!! I don`t believe I`ve seen the other two , but I have heard of them..guess I have some catching up to do ;)

Thx for the tip Wes :headbang:

All the best , Mikey:)

Aliens is definitely in my top ten movies of all time. There are so many memorable one-liners from the now legendary "Game over man, game over" Bill Paxton. Watch Frailty if you want to view Mr. Paxton in a whole new light...it's a great coming of age movie mixed with horror and fantastic acting by all involved. Sigourney Weaver is such a great female lead. Also, I remember the first time I saw Bishop get torn in half...that really freaked me out, I had never really seen "gore" up to that point...when I showed it to my younger cousin later on, he had the same reaction I did.

I am also a big fan of The Abyss. It turned me into an Ed Harris fan, and the directors cut is the only way to see it. Other movies that make my top ten are Die Hard (the first one), and Terminator 2: Judgement Day. I'm also a huge fan of American History X, although it doesn't really fit into genre films. Dude, I could talk about movies all day long...just pick a genre...LOL!

I'm a huge fan of Aliens. Great characters and a nice story in perfect connection with the first movie. It's not just a movie that fills the screen with creatures dying for a snack. The movie takes its time to build momentum, then keeps the tension and the ending is also superb.

Man, Michael I knew there had to be other The Abyss fans out there. There is just something about that movie that does it for me. I love "the hammer" scene, I love the medical drama after Lindsey "dies", the action scenes are really well done..."we're getting dragged!"...and the claustrophobic scene of them being stuck in the sub filling up with water...I swear I was gasping for air. I seriously saw that in the theater 6 times. Then I saw the director's cut and it made it even better. :headbang:

And I think watching Michael Biehn cutting his arm with that knife is one of the creepiest things I've ever seen.
"Did anyone else think that was a Russian tentacle"...lol! You have great taste in movies man.

Thanks for the reply Mike. I just watched Aliens with the director's commentary, it was pretty sweet..

I'm guessing you like "The Thing" as well Mike?

Also, I saw "Screamers" (1995) last night. I really liked it.. I heard it was really underrated and I have to agree. Very similar to Aliens and The Thing. If it wasn't for the lowish budget I'd say it's a perfect film. Very nice : )

Take it easy Mike, kick ass on the new album.