Do aliens exist?

If aliens visit the planet Earth, they *have* to be more intelligent than us, since they have the technology to come here in the first place.
Also, they must have a more peaceful attitude, since they have been able to get far enough to make spaceships, while we presumably will have fucked up the planet long before we could leave this priso...planet.

And I honestly believe we have been visited already; it's the logic that makes religion work -- aliens = God ..... ?

:confused:

I am from australia too.

...I think it is fucking bullshit that an alien craft has to be a round disc with hundreds of bright lights. This is the work of science fiction... not science.

And second of all, don't you think it is a little odd that while 'aliens' can pull a human up to their craft through a transport beam, they themselves actually have to fly down close to the earht's surface? If they are so fucking brilliant, why don't then just 'beam me up, scotty' from a galaxy far far away??

The only 'Unexplained Mystery' that warrents my intrest is the egyptians and the pryamids. Egyptology rules...!

!!!!Long live Nehepptul Tutaallu Vannu!!!!

In death will she return to life...

She will seek out the four golden staves of Nahhelptu, Pahhaptu, Sennuhs and Falhicidi, then only will you see your 'Messiah', cold of hand, absent of heart, void of life...

I think that any rational conversation about alien life must be not occur within the context of religion. This is because religion is a pile of archaic mythology and it will only hamper and confuse the ligitimate questions pertaining to the existence of life elsewhere in the universe.

The thing they found on mars was magnetic particles lined up so that they all faced north-south, like a magnent, no organic material was found. There are ancient bacteria on earth that do this (line up the magnitized particles) and so far no other method of doing this so precisely has been discovered, natural or man-made. For example, the magnetic tape industries have tried and failed for the last 50 years to line up particles with such perfect accuracy. The only thing we know of that can do this is bacteria. The odds of such particles lining up through a natural (non-organic) process are (to our best knowledge) extremely unlikely. Therefore, it is logical to conclude that there once existed life on mars.

Now the question, did earth plant life on mars, did mars plant life on earth, did they both develop independently, or could there be another planet somewhere in our galaxy that seeded both mars and earth with this bacteria?

Anything is possible, and I think that life is absolutely everywhere, perhaps hundreds of incredibly advanced civilizations in this galaxy alone.

Satori

The greatest example of human arrogance are those who believe that in all of space, we are the only place that contains life.

Yes - aliens do exist.

The problem is, we're always looking up in the sky for the answer. Just take a look in the mirror - we're the aliens.

The interesting thing is, egyptology & astral archaelogy are closely tied;

There would be a reason for a spacecraft to be disc-shaped; the shape is better for propulsion;

Some theorists do indeed assume that we are alien to this planet

;)

Thanks for all of your replies. I had a feeling that mostly all of you would agree that there is life other than us out there. I would like to say something about each individual reply, but I have been really busy lately. Keep posting. I am interested in reading more. Thanks again...

i'm willing to believe in many things but i just cant see how anyone would take the subject of UFO's seriously, in my mind in the majority of cases it is people's imagination getting the better of them, its often the case that the people who report sighting are perfectly ordinary people, leading perfectly ordinary lives, and so we're supposed to take their word as truth, i believe that they conjure up these flying saucers and the likes from their overly suppressed imagination, after all they're stuck in the same routine day to day, living their drab exisitence then they catch sight of something unusual and of course it has to be aliens, however in the vast majority of cases what they are seeing can be explained as either regular aircraft, sightings of venus or unusual atmospheric conditions, once u filter all of these out u are left with a handful of cases that cannot be explaned but thats not to say they have to be aliens or flying saucers, and as for roswell, there were no aliens, the most likely scenario was that the US government was testing a new secret aircraft and something went terribly wrong. There are spy satellites watching over every inch of land and sea, if u r to believe in UFO's and alien visitations u would have to conclude that the world's governments were covering it all up, and personnaly i ust dont think that they're smart enough..
however on to the subject of life existing somewhere in the universe other than earth, of course it does, of that i have no doubt, there is nothing particulary remarkable about earth, and all it takes for the creation of life is a few basic minerals and a spark of electricity, nothing so sacred as religion would have us believe, however why would we want to go about searching for extra-terestrials, even if they do exist they would be millions of billions of light years away, we would never reach them, or even communicate with them, anyway whats the point? i believe we can learn much more from searching on the inside and discovering more about who we are...
and then there's always the possiblity that these visitations and sightings are resulted from visitation of beings from parallel dimensions, or perhaps even from the future or the past, inter-dimensional time travel anyone? :D

i just regret that i won't live long enough to see all the high technology stuff that'll be happening. space is so eerie. if there is otehr being, do they have a soul? do god have to die for them too? could there be ultra hot women from another planet?

Dude ive never even thought of that before. it makes you question religion. its like jesus died for our sins on earth or whatever, but what about the other planets? and i dont think there would be any hot chicks on other planets because we would find them too weird looking or somethin like that.

Does anybody else notice that no normal people ever get "abducted" by aliens. its always some hillbilly from fuckin kansas. im sorry but i dont think im gonna beleive those people, but i do beleive their are aliens/other life forms.

Originally posted by metalmancpa
we're the aliens.
Haha, damn straight!

When I was younger I often wondered if I was an "alien" on some other planet in a coma and dreaming all of this, and if the world around me is just a figment of my imagination. I concluded that although it's silly, I could never prove otherwise, and this pretty much holds true today.

Originally posted by SentencedToBurn
Does anybody else notice that no normal people ever get "abducted" by aliens. its always some hillbilly from fuckin kansas. im sorry but i dont think im gonna beleive those people, but i do beleive their are aliens/other life forms.

True, but those are also the people we happen to see on T.V. I'm pretty confident that the UFO sightings and abductions we hear about are shit, the result of hoaxes or crackpots. However, I also believe there may be a lot of cases we DON'T hear about, the legitimate ones that are covered up.

Originally posted by terrymx
could there be ultra hot women from another planet?

Captain Kirk never seemed to have trouble finding any. Then again, he never had a shortage of red-shirted ensigns to get turned into dusty cubes, either, so...

THAT REMINDS ME!
To all nerds: read this, it's hilarious.

http://www.grudge-match.com/History/ensign-stormtrooper.shtml

In a story I was writing I depicted the grey, space ship traveling, bla bla bla exct. beings not as from a nother planet, but our state of being in the mulliniums to come. As humans have evolved they lost most of there hair and defence mechanisims, sharper larger teeth, thick bone structure, height, so on. Also we live in enviroments that we alter. We lack harsh conditions that would make us become more physicly powerful. We have no survival of the fittist. We nurture our impared and lesser people. It is our evolved yrt de evolved selves coming back through space and time.

Anyway, it is inevitable I think when lif exists on a planet in a solar system with one single sun when there are so many that have to solar bodies or more to give the energy to produce life. Water is not a complicated thing to come buy, hydrogen oxygen, not rare. Who knows if under the right conditions other substances could be the basis of life. Univers is a vast consept, let alone Multi-verse. but who knows.

Originally posted by moonchild
and as for roswell, there were no aliens, the most likely scenario was that the US government was testing a new secret aircraft and something went terribly wrong.

That being the case, then you must be assuming that the US gov't were at once smart enough to develop such experimental aircraft in the 40's when aviation was still in relative infancy and yet stupid enough to concoct this ridiculous story about alien space craft and bodies only to recant on it a few hours later and make themselves look like bloody idiots. Does this sound like something a gov't with advanced technology would do? Don't you think they would've had a better story than "it was aliens" prepared in the event that something went wrong? You have to admit these people don't make such huge mistakes, it if wasn't alien, then they were lying, so why would they lie only to come up with a different lie a short while later? That's not very effective politics. Interesting theory, not very logical, but interesting.

There are spy satellites watching over every inch of land and sea, if u r to believe in UFO's and alien visitations u would have to conclude that the world's governments were covering it all up, and personnaly i ust dont think that they're smart enough..

If they (US) were smart enough to dupe the whole world (most of the world, the russians *never* believed it) that they went to the moon in the 60's then why couldn't they do this? Seems quite insignificant in comparison.

(Btw, for those who think the moon landings were real, there's one thing which clearly shows they are not: when we look at the moon under extremely powerful telescopes at the exact coordinates of the moon landings we see no landers, no rovers, no flags, no tracks, no trace of anything, we see NOTHING. In over 30 years of looking, no one has ever been able to find a trace left by humans stepping foot on the moon, dispite all the discarded equipment they allegedly left behind. Also, there are no crators there suggesting that the landing sites were destoryed by space debris hitting the moon. Disregarding all other "evidence" (and there is a lot of it) this one fact, I think, totally shows that the lunar landings were a dramatic act of fiction/deception.)

(Btw, for those who think the moon landings were real, there's one thing which clearly shows they are not: when we look at the moon under extremely powerful telescopes at the exact coordinates of the moon landings we see no landers, no rovers, no flags, no tracks, no trace of anything, we see NOTHING. In over 30 years of looking, no one has ever been able to find a trace left by humans stepping foot on the moon, dispite all the discarded equipment they allegedly left behind. Also, there are no crators there suggesting that the landing sites were destoryed by space debris hitting the moon. Disregarding all other "evidence" (and there is a lot of it) this one fact, I think, totally shows that the lunar landings were a dramatic act of fiction/deception.)

yea it looks fake. i mean when they are puting the flag there it is blowing around but THERE IS NO WIND ON THE MOON?! also there are no stars in the background, there is shadows coming from two diffrent sources even though the only source there would be the sun. And how did that camera get where it was to record the first steps on the moon?? its like on the opposite side of where the spaceship was.

Originally posted by Satori

:lol: Give me a break. :tickled: Looking at all the evidence it is my opinion that we did land on the moon.

Originally posted by SentencedToBurn

yea it looks fake. i mean when they are puting the flag there it is blowing around but THERE IS NO WIND ON THE MOON?! also there are no stars in the background, there is shadows coming from two diffrent sources even though the only source there would be the sun. And how did that camera get where it was to record the first steps on the moon?? its like on the opposite side of where the spaceship was.

This may or may not change your mind about the flag idea, I got this off of someones personal site.

Firstly the flag had a horizontal bar attached to it at the top. This was done so that the flag would stand out from the
flagpole. NASA appreciated that there would be no wind on the moon, so any normal flag would just hang limply
and unattractively down the pole. To make things look better they added a bar that stood out at 90 degrees from
the pole. The flag was really hanging from this, rather than from the pole. The bar was also not quite the full width of
the flag, so that it was slightly furled to give a 'wave look' to it.
The moon's surface, once you get past the thin layer of dust, is very hard. So getting the flagpole to stick in was a
tough job. The footage shows the astronaut twisting the pole back and forth in order to try and get it further into the
ground. This movement made the attached bar and flag flutter.
The flagpole itself was light aluminium that is quite springy. Even once the astronaut let go the pole would continue to
vibrate. This in turn would shake the bar and flap the flag. Without any air to dampen this it would continue to do so
for longer than you might expect.

My thoughts.

Do they exist?
The universe is huge - far beyond our comprehension, as are many things. The dimensions of this universe are certainly large enough to support, even given rational limitations concerning the odds of life developing, at least one more form of sentient life.

Are they like us?
The chance that such beings would be in a form we would easily recognize is slim. As much as I personally enjoy many sci-fi books/movies/TV shows, they frequently make a huge assumption about all aliens being humaniod in form as well as being carbon-based and able to breathe oxygen and survive at our same air pressure. The fact is, if life evolved on the other side of the galaxy, the chances are that it would not look much like us.

Have they been here?
I also belive that it is quite possible that alien intelligence has visited our world.
Project Blue Book investigated several thousand "Unidentified Flying Objects" over a period of 15 (right?) years, and was unable to find explanations or causes for some seven hundred of those incidents.

Would they be hostile?
Probably not... after all, if they have managed intersteller travel, then they've got at least a couple thousand years on us and, given those extra millenia and the fact that they haven't wiped themselves in that time - they're probably peaceful.

That last paragraph looks like ****.... time to stop typing.

Just my two cents.

The moon landing thing fascinates me. I didn't see the FOX special (heh) but heard a lot about it, and it makes some valid points. I actually am quite undecided on this right now, and probably won't form an opinion until I get some clear evidence.

But to argue/check points in the meantime.... going straight to what you were saying, Satori, it seems to me that the moon's rotation is just such that here on earth we are always looking at the same side of the moon. Is the sea of tranquillity, where Apollo 11's Eagle (I don't know where the others supposedly landed) touched down on the side of the moon visible to the earth? I know you said they claimed to be looking at the exact co-ordinates, but...

As for the flag, it looked stiffly held out sideways to me, as via a metal bar as S4R quoted. I'm going on memory, though, I haven't seen that clip earlier today, or anything. Finally, I don't know how advanced photomanipulation technology was back then (to my knowledge... not) but there are some pretty convincing photos of the Earth rising over the surface of the moon. I suppose you don't have to land on the moon to take these shots, but they would clearly have to at least be in orbit, which would mean they'd be all the way over there anyway...

Originally posted by Soul4Raziel
:lol: Give me a break. :tickled: Looking at all the evidence it is my opinion that we did land on the moon.

Then the obvious question is this, why do you figure no trace of all the equipment remain on the moon's surface in the specified coordinates?

Satori