All Play Dead is my favorite Nevermore song

AsylumAnomaly

very strange little girl
Jul 28, 2013
I move too much to care
Seriously, can we discuss this song in depth? I havn't heard anyone else's opinion on this song. I know it's not very popular.

I don't know why but I get the most beautiful and haunting ideas from this song. I can draw/sketch for hours just listening to it on repeat. Obviously, it's pretty dark lyrically.

What do other fans of Nevermore get from this song? If Warrell sees this, I'd love to know what he wrote the song about--at least what emotions he was feeling. I think the song is haunting and gorgeous. I can't really pin a broad meaning to it though... is it about abuse?

Like I said, I'd love to see what you guys think.

that, too, is one of my favorite songs. I can't sing for shit, but I always sing my ass off when this song is on.

I may be wrong, but I think it is about government stealing away our freedoms. We, the people, just lay around playing dead, so they wont bother us. that's what I take from it

Not very popular? Never heard that before. Thing is, it's a great song on an even greater album, so that's why it might get passed over, but yeah, it's a part of Dreaming Neon Black, and every track on that album makes the album what it is.

I always interpreted All Play Dead differently, as the narrator who, unable to deal with the loss of his loved one, sees only the inevitable death of things, including himself, and reasons, if we're all going to die anyway, why not just lie down right now?

I can draw/sketch for hours just listening to it on repeat.
When I was still in high school, I spent evenings upon evenings drawing with Dreaming Neon Black on repeat. I still get all melancholic when I hear the album.

All Play Dead is at the top of my list, doesn't top Deconstruction for all time favorite Nevermore song.

I like your take on it, too, El Stormo. I think I gravitate more to your idea since it fits so well with the rest of the album. And I still draw endlessly to Dreaming Neon Black. It puts me in the perfect dark and beautiful place that goes wonderfully with my artwork. There are very few albums I can say that about.

beyond within would be my favorite. i'll never forget the first time i heard that intro riff

Which is why Tim Calvert is so missed around here.

The title track remains my favorite. The way Warrel cuts loose as the song crescendos is incredible, no doubt brought on by the fact he went through the events he's singing about (minus the suicide, of course).

Is perhaps a sister album to DNB. There are many similarities considering it's another concept record and it's all six string guitars. And your minds will be blown when you hear it. You don't have to have seven strings to be brutal. I'm so proud of this record.

My fav on DNB would be No More Will, which is also one of my all time fav song. DNB spins every autumn in my house, it's there that it gets its best melancholic atmosphere.

(DNB is just one of the greatest piece of art ever made, just accept it.)

My fav on DNB would be No More Will, which is also one of my all time fav song. DNB spins every autumn in my house, it's there that it gets its best melancholic atmosphere.

(DNB is just one of the greatest piece of art ever made, just accept it.)

Yep, me too. No More Will, Deconstruction, and Forever.