All these vinyl-boxsets

One Inch Man said:
So teachers aren't paid shit in Europe either, eh? Bugs the hell out of me, educating the youth should be a top priority everywhere.

Teachers used to have very low wages before, but it's been bettered now. It depends on what kind of teacher education you've got, if you're a teacher at a primary school or an upper secondary school, and how long you've been a teacher, but the average teacher earns 100 000 NOK more now than what the average was five years ago. The average teacher at a primary/secondary school earns about $42 000, and teachers at upper secondary schools usually earn around $52 000.

( http://www.vartland.no/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040609/ARTIKLER/40608024/1080 )

It also depends on whether or not you had any experience prior to the reform. A teacher I work with used to be in the school deparment, and makes almost $15.000 more than me. And I've studied ped and I have a master's in english. I like the way thing's going, though. :)

Henrik Main said:
The average teacher at a primary/secondary school earns about $42 000, and teachers at upper secondary schools usually earn around $52 000.
Wow, that's a lot higher than teachers out here. That's around what I make and far from underpaid, especially compared to my friend who is a kindergarten (first year of schooling) teacher. I'm not sure what the cost of living in Norway is though, that's what really matters I suppose.

Oh, and the dollar is pretty weak overseas, maybe that isn't all that much money right now. :tickled:

Living costs in Norway are fucken ginormous, ONE snusdosa costs 120 NOK (Norwegians correct me if I'm wrong, I heard this is since the beginning of 2005) or something like that as opposed to 25 SEK here, and the NOK is higher than the SEK

Far from it, dear friend, snus is cheaper than that. Dunno EXACTLY how much it costs, though, but still. True, living costs are quite "ginormous", but most people earn quite a lot, too, a lot more than the average European, so when it all comes down, Norway = great.

Edit: This one goes out to Mikke! ( Taken from http://home.c2i.net/lyn/snus/leser1.htm )

Dikt fra Jan-Erik
I lomma leger no' som smakar,
ekte snus fra Svinesund.
Lukter stramt når noen bakar,
før dom putter'n inn i munn.

Om je er blid ell' sur og deppa,
bakar jeg en liten pris.
Men med Gen'ral under leppa,
likner jeg en liten gris.

Man ka dø av stoff og tobakk,
men om je blir sjuk og skral:
kjøper jeg "jodlevann"på polet,
og koser meg med General!
Takker for en fin og informativ snusside!

Winter Nov.-March:
Average temperatures: 0.7°C to –4.3°C (33°F to 24°F)
Min. temperature: –20.7°C (5°F)
Max. temperature: 12.8°C (55°F)

Hey I could live in Norway (Oslo anyhow), that's not too cold for me. Yes, the temperature is my biggest concern for moving somewhere around the world. :D

hahahahaha

Norway is one of the countries I plan on visiting for NAD's XXXXXTREME EU VAKASHUN, either later this year or sometime in 2006, depending on the $$$ situation.

One Inch Man said:
Winter Nov.-March:
Average temperatures: 0.7°C to –4.3°C (33°F to 24°F)
Min. temperature: –20.7°C (5°F)
Max. temperature: 12.8°C (55°F)
Holy Zeus' bunghole, that's cold. :ill: No f'n way.

How cold does it get where are in Texas? It gets to around 32ºF/0ºC where I am, in the desert maybe 20ºF/-7ºC. During the coldest moments of winter of course.

still waiting for US to switch to the metric system... *grumble*

Well, we actually got snow in 2004, for only the third time in my lifetime that I can remember. It was cold around Christmas, and got around 25F. But right now, it's about 73F. We usually have temperatures in the forties and fifties during January and February, but Texas weather is unpredictable. Kinda like now, it's January and I'm in short sleeves.