Music Collection Size Queenery

agalloch is big money

the pale folklore wood box, which was limited to 60 copies, has never been sold on discogs, otherwise i know what would be on top of the list

it's ridiculous

dude in front of me got the last boxset at that gig

fml

incredibly tempting to get rid of my ashes against the grain if that price is in fact what it's going for. I'm currently desecrating it by holding a bunch of pins, patches and other assorted things

incredibly tempting to get rid of my ashes against the grain if that price is in fact what it's going for.

it's apparently only been sold once since the min/median/max prices are all the same, so your milage may vary

i mean, if you're looking to get rid of it, you might as well put it up for sale at $300 and see what happens

me, i'm keeping all my stuff unless there's a real-ass emergency

I don't want to do a Discogs thing because I'll then be tempted to sell all my CDs, pay off my car, pay off the wife's lease, put a downpayment on a house, buy a fancy bass, and still have a chunk leftover to put in the bank. But then I would be without a music collection. So I might as well sell my soul at the same time. Fuck that.
Flash forward 6 years and I now "own" a house and have 3 paid off cars (2 garage, 1 driveway). Also have since bought 3 basses (2 fancy, 1 regular). And I am up to 1,900 CDs, just counted them. All caught up with listening too, huzzah!

But really I'm bumping this because I'm signing up for a streaming music service tomorrow for the first time ever, just so I can hear the new Tool album on Friday. As soon as my CD shows up I'm canceling that shit.

OR MAYBE IN AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE this will change everything and I'll soon be selling all my CDs because physical copies are meaningless. Books are dumb too, so I'll just go ahead and burn all of those. "Then, I will hug some snakes. Yes, I will hug and kiss some poisonous snakes!"

Reactions: dorian gray
Since 2013, the Pale Folklore wooden box has sold on Discogs one single time for $1200.00. I did see a copy on eBay which never went over $699.00. It really depends on your timing, I guess. The regular wooden box regularly sells for $500+. I have noticed that most of their stuff is commanding way less money these days. I think it sort of spiked when they broke up, and now its going way down since they aren't releasing new material. I doubt it's going to be worth more in 20 years, so you guys should probably sell now if you're waiting to cash in!

MajestikMoose has a copy of that damn Pale Folklore box and it's been sitting in a storage unit for over 10 years. He still won't sell it to me...

I almost sold you my Agalloch Wooden Box (red vinyl omg!), but I just couldn't do it man. I listen to that entire thing once a year and it's a moving experience on wax.

I did notice that my Agalloch collection has not increased in value over the years. It's the only thing I have catalogued on Discogs just to see what kind of $$$ it goes for.

I almost sold you my Agalloch Wooden Box (red vinyl omg!), but I just couldn't do it man. I listen to that entire thing once a year and it's a moving experience on wax.

I did notice that my Agalloch collection has not increased in value over the years. It's the only thing I have catalogued on Discogs just to see what kind of $$$ it goes for.

Hm... I don't remember that, but I believe you. If you ever DO want to sell it, hit me up.

I have noticed that most of their stuff is commanding way less money these days. I think it sort of spiked when they broke up, and now its going way down since they aren't releasing new material.
maybe its because of haughm being outed as a problematic opinion haver and agalloch therefore being bona fide nsbm now

Reactions: dorian gray
Omg omg omg do you guys remember when I sold my pale folklore wooden box thing?! Fuck I’m freaking out! I swear I got like $100 for it. So long ago I can’t remember. Is it worth even more now?!

On topic: my CDs are out in my garage. I pay $15 a month for Apple Music to listen to anything I want wherever I want

Omg omg omg do you guys remember when I sold my pale folklore wooden box thing?! Fuck I’m freaking out! I swear I got like $100 for it. So long ago I can’t remember. Is it worth even more now?!

Was it the Pale Folklore splatter vinyl box that they only sold in Canada at the "Day of the Equinox" festival? If so, that was limited to 60 copies total and its worth anywhere from $600-1000 at this point. If it was the "Ashes Against the Grain" CD box, then that's probably around $150 right now. The vinyl box with PF, The Mantle, Ashes, and the EP is worth around $500.00

On topic: my CDs are out in my garage.
Dude between the bourbon, bass, and CDs, your garage sounds awesome! Can I come over and play?

Tool CD showed up so I cancelled Amazon music. I used it to listen to Eucharist albums, that was cool.

I hate that new cars don't come with CD players anymore.

On the plus side it saves me the $$$ of buying a new car.

That's good money I can regularly spend on Discogs.com

Reactions: Krilons Resa
i recently bought a 1998 beauty of a car for $200 and it came with a brand new bluetooth ipod sd usb fancy-pants stereo with no cd

i don't actually mind though because honestly who wants to deal with cd's in the car

if there's something to be said for digital streaming etc then surely car audio is the best application for it