"Nu-Metal"

the only problem I ever had with nu-metal was when people would ask what music I listened to I'd say "mostly metal" and they'd be like "oh, limp bizkit?". Ah... morons.

@cthulufhtagn: Shadows Fall, Mastodon, and Killswitch Engage have never been considered nu-metal, at least not by anyone that I know of. Nu-metal = slipknot, korn, limp bizkit, etc. Shadows Fall and Mastodon have some metalcore elements to them, but not nu-metal.

The first Disturbed album was so much better than the second as far as I remember. I never heard them 'til the second one came out, but once I heard the debut I was instantly convinced they were going downhill already. I haven't really heard the new one yet... so what happened to them now?

jimbobhickville said:
@cthulufhtagn: Shadows Fall, Mastodon, and Killswitch Engage have never been considered nu-metal, at least not by anyone that I know of. Nu-metal = slipknot, korn, limp bizkit, etc. Shadows Fall and Mastodon have some metalcore elements to them, but not nu-metal.
oh i'm aware, just answering the second part :D

<<But anyway, with this movement having run its course and being replaced with bands like Lamb of God, Shadows Fall, Killswitch Engage and Mastodon, do people still feel the same way, or have their feelings transferred to the "new" popular wave of mainstream metal? How many people here have actually heard these bands?>>

Demilich said:
The first Disturbed album was so much better than the second as far as I remember. I never heard them 'til the second one came out, but once I heard the debut I was instantly convinced they were going downhill already. I haven't really heard the new one yet... so what happened to them now?
Actually, i think that their first one is their least good (i think it is BAD basically). Then they became really worth hearing for me...and "Ten Thousand Fists" (their latest one) is their most metal one, their most inspired one, and definetally their best so far.

I've never heard any metalcore or whatever this new mainstream metal is except a bit of Lamb of God on tv and a few other bands/albums I've downloaded, but from what I've heard so far I'm not very impressed. Just not my kind of thing.

IOfTheStorm said:
Actually, i think that their first one is their least good (i think it is BAD basically). Then they became really worth hearing for me...and "Ten Thousand Fists" (their latest one) is their most metal one, their most inspired one, and definetally their best so far.

Well now that you mention it, I was a dumb 17 year old when I liked this band, so maybe I'd think exactly what you do now! I listen to music in a very different way than I did then. I still have the cds somewhere around, I'll give them a spin sometime!

I'm familiar with a little of it. Like NAD said, Ultraspank was a great band. Not really "nu", more like Fear Factory's younger nicer brother, but they were lumped in there.

Korn's first album is still a good 'un. Then they went mainstream and shit. Their new song I keep hearing "Twisted Transistor" is fucking awful and pathetic. They lost their balls.

The rest lke Staind, Disturbed, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, SOAD and all the other rap/rock combos are terrible.

The new "nu" metal like Lamb of God, Shadows Fall, Black Dahlia, and the other semi-core popular bands really are a waste of a record label's roster.

OH GUYZ LOOK AT ME I LIKE NU-METAL CHEK HOW MUCH I DUN CARE ABOOT BEING TR00 AND THEREFORE OENPENMINDED ANDZ KOOL I AM LOL!1!1!oen

cthulufhtagn said:
<<But anyway, with this movement having run its course and being replaced with bands like Lamb of God, Shadows Fall, Killswitch Engage and Mastodon, do people still feel the same way, or have their feelings transferred to the "new" popular wave of mainstream metal? How many people here have actually heard these bands?>>

Somewhere in between...Mastodon is the only one of the four worth spending money on, LOG don't bother me, but are average in every possible respect, and the other two are rancid garbage on the same annoyance level as nu-metal...

I downloaded them, they are currently in line to be listened to in 2017. Will report back thusly. :Spin:

Opeth17 said:
NAD, listen to the samples you fakk!

Anyone with a mild interest in punk or generally upbeat, fun, clevAr music should like that band.

Murderdolls suck shit. These samples can be enjoyed by anyone who has no respect for the sanctity of music. :erk:

This is not very good. It's like a poor rendition of early-period Marilyn Manson, even the vocal style is very similar.

It doesn't grate my nerves or anything, but I'm still gonna say PASS.