Nu-metal

AwesomeGuy

Oct 7, 2008
NY
anyone like nu-metal? slipknot and godsmack are good imo. I don't see why so many people hate nu-metal, it's good metal along with thrash metal hair metal power metal and classic metal.

I find it immensely boring and it annoys the hell out of me that nu metal acts are still the most famous post 80s 'metal' bands.

Sorry but no. Fuck nu metal.

Deftones
Helmet

That's about it really, and those two don't really sound like nu-metal to me much anyway.

I like a couple Disturbed albums, along with some SOAD, but otherwise the answer is a resounding no.

System of a Down's first two albums are enjoyable, not much other than that. Occasionally I get in the mood for Slipknot- Iowa... but rarely. Its been a couple years since the mood struck me.

SOAD is a pretty impressive group if you ask me! I don't particularly enjoy nu-metal but I have nothing against it, they're a bunch of pretty unique groups. Certainly a step-up from that hair metal bullcrap from the 80s, an improvement in the world of top 40 metal.

I'd rather listen to Shotgun Messiah or Steelheart than Slipknot or Limp Bizkit anyday.

Ugh random bands I think are good?

Dissection, Devourment, Dark Angel (if you're counting thrash), Deicide, Limbonic Art, Immortal, 1349, Sabbat, Mayhem

umm there's some random ones. tbh I don't listen to extreme metal as much as some other metal.