Alternative, Nu or Rap Metal

lord667 said:
That's not the same logic. A sneaker is a kind of shoe, but a fish isn't a kind of chicken, and nu-metal isn't a kind of metal.

I can agree that the fish isn't a kind of chicken, but I strongly disagree that nu-metal isn't a kind of metal. What is it then?.

And you can't say (shit, garbage, crap, blah blah blah).

Hatebreed said:
I can agree that the fish isn't a kind of chicken, but I strongly disagree that nu-metal isn't a kind of metal. What is it then?.

And you can't say (shit, garbage, crap, blah blah blah).

Why does it have to "be" anything? Let it just be nu-metal. Call it a kind of rock music, if you really have to find a super-genre for it.

EternalMetal said:
I agree, people love to hate anything in the numetal genre just because its cool to say "all numetal sucks, has no talent, and i hate it". Its just another genre. And it is also not the music that people listen to that dont know music. I listen to the heaviest of death metal and the softest of rock and i really enjoy some numetal bands. I hate some of it, but i also hate bands from every genre.

numetal is not always equal to korn. their are many other numetal bands out their that are not like korn at all (korn sucks).
yup,that's really right

Yep, if you call metal rock it aint as bad as calling rock metal, since metal spawned out of rock and even though it is its own genre, its sometimes cathegorized into rock. Its not really true, but "rock" is the kinda style its roots lie in. Just like they call all metal heavy metal. I mean heavy metal may have two different meanings:
1. A subgenre of metal
2. Metal

So, if you are wearing a sneaker, its okay to call it a shoe. But if its a sandal and someone calls it a sneaker, and gets corrected and still says its a sneaker, he is a fucking moron. And you know what? Hes a shoe-salesman and that pisses you off, since you asked for shoe recommendations since sneakers make your foot sweaty and then you gain a cancer to your ass for the sweat in your foot for having some ancient african disease that causes sweat to cause cancer....in ass.
Would that NOT piss you off?

i think the real dilemna here is the danger of confusing the definition of "metal w/ "nu-metal."

i mean, just imagine growing up & having grandkids, and they ask..

"gramps, what METAL bands did you listen to?"

"metal? uhm.. LINKIN PARK, yeah that's metal." :erk:

nu-metal, alternative, rap metal is a fucking joke, its like christain death metal (but thats a whole other topic) basicly this "poser metal" as I shall call it was started by mtv and some record labels to flip a prophet off of a counter culture! and all these punk ass kids can think there hardcore cause they listen to linkin park and all the rest of those faggots! this comercalisim is driving me crazy I watch t.v. and what do I see headbangers ball on mtv 2, uranium they barley scrach the surface of what real metal is! I go to the mall I see hot topic, wich is basically the GAP selling to these kids that want to be metal but aint got the balls to run with it yes I am fan of death metal because its what metal should be!!!! hard, fast, distorted, and vulgar if you dont like it listen to somthing else!!!! and dont even consider these faggot bands as metal cause they aint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LONG LIVE REAL METAL :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

nu-metal, alternative, rap metal is a fucking joke, its like christain death metal (but thats a whole other topic) basicly this "poser metal" as I shall call it was started by mtv and some record labels to flip a prophet off of a counter culture! and all these punk ass kids can think there hardcore cause they listen to linkin park and all the rest of those faggots! this comercalisim is driving me crazy I watch t.v. and what do I see headbangers ball on mtv 2, uranium they barley scrach the surface of what real metal is! I go to the mall I see hot topic, wich is basically the GAP selling to these kids that want to be metal but aint got the balls to run with it yes I am fan of death metal because its what metal should be!!!! hard, fast, distorted, and vulgar if you dont like it listen to somthing else!!!! and dont even consider these faggot bands as metal cause they aint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know, youre the worst poser ever, with the worst spelling ever an worst attempt at trying to troll and fit among us at the same time. EVER.

I dont know you, and im glad of that. Who the hell told you that you can write a fucking post that is pretty much making fun of metalheads?
"Yeah, im tr00, i listen to death metal cos its tr00, cos its about being tr00 and good and having attitude, i hate the numetal p0sers c0s theyre not tr0000000000000 liek me u kno!!!!!!!11111 im tr00, im happy im being tr00 with u guys coZ u guys are tr00 too lets be tr00 t0gether so we are kickass and we lsiten to death mealt cos its so TR0000000000 and and its about being not a poser but real and thats why we listen to it! we ar tr00 an proud of it, coz werew so fukin tr00 and we dont care wheter the music is good, as long as it has ATTITUDE and we dont care how bad numetal is, we just know it lacks of TR00 attitude and thats why w e liek deth metal!"
Seriously, you suck. Let me put it in a picture

negative5.jpg

No, we dont listen to death metal because it has attitude, we listen to it because the music is good. Or else we would be trendwhores, wich seems to be the way you have understood it. That means you are at the same level with the numetal kids who listen to music because its cool and trendy, with the exception that you think you are above them and you actually act racist against other forms of music JUST TO BE COOL. Listen to death metal. It still doesent change the fact that YOU SUCK.

Oh, and.....

LEARN TO FUCKING TYPE

Im not gonna waste my time argueing with a child but Im gonna ask you this why did you just get on me like that? what you like nu metal or somthing? you must have self esteem issuses cause in the real world you cant cut some where but whatever Im done with you asshole!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why did i assault you? Well, because 1. youre a moron 2. you dont know how to type 3. youre annoying.

Youre done? Yeah, i hope youre done with this forum too.

I dont really like numetal, but i dont pretend to despise everyone who actually listens to it because they consider it good, complex or not. And i dont hail everyone who listens to death metal as a good guy just because they do, youre a good example why.

Leave the forum.