Nu-metal

I like old Korn,Slipknot,Godsmack,Mudvayne,Static X,Spinshank,Mushroomhead,Ultraspank,etc...

most slipknot is too heavy for me really. what kind of extreme metal, hatebreed? I know someone who likes hatebreed, meh

Listen to Dragonforce and SOAR, SOAR TO THE VAST HEAVENS UPON WHICH YOU'LL LIVE FOREVER, SIDE BY SIDE WITH THE WARRIORS OF OLD, AND YOU'LL ALL HAVE SOAR (or perhaps, sore) ASSES!

Just kidding, I like Dragonforce. They're not extreme metal though. Although they are better than nu-metal.

You seem to be closer to mainstream stuff. That's what most nu-metal is. A few extreme bands have made it somewhat into mainstream recognition (if not mainstream radio). Try these bands:

In Flames (Clayman and before; although you'll probably love their new stuff)
Dark Tranquillity (you'll probably love their new stuff as well, but it's still decent; their early material kicks ass)

I like Nu Metal. I like Slipknot, Mudvayne, Korn, System of a Down, Godsmack, Rage Against The Machine, etc... I just grew up on it when I was in Middle School.

Forgot about Mudvayne, Mushroomhead, and Deftones. I really only like Mushroomhead's cd XX but whatever. And Mudvayne's LD50 is all I really listen to from them.

I don't really consider SOAD, Deftones or Helmet nu-metal but I listen to all of them. The first two Korn albums are good and the first Slipknot album has about two or three decent tracks on it.

Not huge on nu metal. I like Deftones up to the self titled, the first two Mudvayne are really good, SOAD is meh, Taproot's second album was ok, Hed P.E. isn't bad. The first two Korn. That's about it.

Listen to Dragonforce and SOAR, SOAR TO THE VAST HEAVENS UPON WHICH YOU'LL LIVE FOREVER, SIDE BY SIDE WITH THE WARRIORS OF OLD, AND YOU'LL ALL HAVE SOAR (or perhaps, sore) ASSES!

Just kidding, I like Dragonforce. They're not extreme metal though. Although they are better than nu-metal.

You seem to be closer to mainstream stuff. That's what most nu-metal is. A few extreme bands have made it somewhat into mainstream recognition (if not mainstream radio). Try these bands:

In Flames (Clayman and before; although you'll probably love their new stuff)
Dark Tranquillity (you'll probably love their new stuff as well, but it's still decent; their early material kicks ass)

for in flames, lol girl singer. I listened to Dead End, first one that came up on youtube, it was sorta good, didn't like the part with the yelling though. focus shirt from dark tranquility was ok too until the singing for me, meh. slipknot's really the farthest I'll go with the hard vocals.

I sold all my Nu-Metal except for the Slipknot self-titled which I kept around for nostalgia. A buddy and I that I don't get to see very often used to listen to that thing constantly when we were freshman in highschool.