The nu-metal thread - for spawny

Hahahaha cool... as I said I applaud Slipknot for their image/stageshow. Just hate the music.

And the delivery of the vocals IS rap influenced. He is just screaming it aggressively rather than laid back. Here's what to do man hehe... imagine how it would sound if it wasn't screamed in anger. It's 100% rap! Just disguised in a hardcore voice! Whereas if you take say a Judas Priest song and just sing along without the power screams, in a soft voice, it will sound like a normal rock melody.

Well i like slipknot and have done since they first come about, i know they aint nuttin special but i do think they do what they do pretty good :p

And why is the wallet chain thing no associated with nu-metal?...if it is part of the look i was nu-metal in 1989-90 well before it began, i wore one when i was out on the skateboard 'cause i got sick of losing me fuckin wallet :p so wear that as a patch on ya bloody leather jacket :lol:

Originally posted by The Trooper
And the delivery of the vocals IS rap influenced. He is just screaming it aggressively rather than laid back. Here's what to do man hehe... imagine how it would sound if it wasn't screamed in anger. It's 100% rap! Just disguised in a hardcore voice! Whereas if you take say a Judas Priest song and just sing along without the power screams, in a soft voice, it will sound like a normal rock melody.
I agree with all that. :)