What makes nu-metal so new?

I personally love nu-metal, and I love 'ol-metal too....

I just see that Nu-Metal's called 'metal' in the same way bands such as Blink182 are called Punk, when they're not punk but sound punk just because they have annoying whiney voices and bass guitars with the treble turned right up [thus, defeating the purpose of a bass, no?]....

Nu-Metal has guitars, and they're loud, and the vocalist scream... therefore having to be called something, and what do you call something that's loud? Metal. It's just the way the music industy has to categorise things to fit society.

Sure, it ain't a patch on 'ol-skool for lastability, but the current 90's/2000 trend of metal does have it's goodums. Rapmetal's another story all together... and I personally, would definitely prefer to listen to Rapmetal than Rap... yo. *grabs balls*

Originally posted by spawn

Like hell, we would kick arse phloggy, we are angry young men (when we can be bothered :) )
If you know what good metal is, then we can just sit there doing it until we stumble across it. Just because it takes time doesnt make us any less good :D
So, I reiterate, any metal band with us in it kicks arse :D
Dont argue with me Phloggy, you wouldnt like me when im angry :D

Dammit, I can't think up any smart arse comment. Wait a minute...nope. It'll come. Hang on....

Ohh, got it! It's an old quote (that I can't remeber properly) that I had in my sig at one point:

Wanted: Lead guitarist, singer, bass player and drummer to join rhythym guitarist in a heavy metal band. Must have own van and gear. Already world famous preferred.

heh.

I agree with the comment about it being punk hehe..

More than anything else, its hardcore punk with heavier guitars.

- Screaming vocals
- No guitar solos
- Wall of noise approach
- Antisocial lyrics
- Guitars used more as part of overall wall of sound rather than clear driving riffs

Its hardcore.

Originally posted by phlogiston
Ohh, got it! It's an old quote (that I can't remeber properly) that I had in my sig at one point:

Wanted: Lead guitarist, singer, bass player and drummer to join rhythym guitarist in a heavy metal band. Must have own van and gear. Already world famous preferred.

heh.
:lol: Right ill put that in the paper and let you know when I get some replies Phloggy....We are on our way!

there are so many nu metal bands but they sound different!!! im not a nu metal fan but i like a few nu metal bands, deftones and well i think thats it. nu metal is just for 12 year olds, its something you will grow out of, most i didnt say all consist of poor lyrics, childish behaviour (slipknot for example) and gimics, mainly things to do with the devil!!! its really annoying to do that!!, its all about image now, not the music, or is image a part of the music:confused: :p

Image is apart of music to a point, But now I think it's just gone overboard, Talent seems to mean nothing now as long as you can look the the part your considered a musician.

I mean where would Iron Maiden be without Eddie, While not being the total image of Iron Maiden, He's a gimmick that helps to sell records:D