Nu-metal

Oh yes great, so glad this totally rocking thread has been handballed over here. I wonder what would happen if I threw it back. With some poo on it.

If I didnt listened to metal, I wouldnt even be here...

The stuff you listen to is called lame gangsta hip-hop, if someone told you it was called metal I'm here to set you straight.

this thread is a deadly fail-bomb into the heart of the non-metal forum

I am glad that we have a nu-metal thread in the non metal section, though, it's sort of a statement.

Nu Metal is cool. There are some very good bands out there. SOAD has done some fantastic stuff. Disturbed are very good along with early Staind and early Korn.

Bottom line is, if YOU like it. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

To be honest, these bands must be doing something right they're certainly selling records.

yeah because bands that sell lots of records are always good :lol:

What I don't get is the usage of the term "nu-metal." I know where it came from and why it was used initially...but it's an ignorant term so why do people still use it? It's not metal, and nu-metal itself isn't a real genre.

Like, why call a band like Godsmack nu-metal when you can call them hard rock?

What I don't get is the usage of the term "nu-metal." I know where it came from and why it was used initially...but it's an ignorant term so why do people still use it? It's not metal, and nu-metal itself isn't a real genre.

Like, why call a band like Godsmack nu-metal when you can call them hard rock?

People still use it because it became widely accepted. Whether it is ignorant or not is redundant. It is used to describe bands with a certain sound, a sound that has strong elements of metal in it. I think nu-metal is a much more apt term to use for bands like Korn etc than hard rock.

Oh yes great, so glad this totally rocking thread has been handballed over here. I wonder what would happen if I threw it back. With some poo on it.

The stuff you listen to is called lame gangsta hip-hop, if someone told you it was called metal I'm here to set you straight.

off subject but this rapper I currently listen K-Rino isnt considered "lame gangsta hip-hop" at all, he basically the total opposite!! So if you dig the substantial lyrical stuff I highly recommend you check him out (see hippity-hop thread), if not youre sooo missing out man......

I don't hate nu-metal. I just don't care about it. I had never even heard much of it until I was like 18 years old anyway, so I was way past the age where it might have possibly seemed appealing.

Easy for me, this genre has no quality,poor songwriting and musicianship, and I don't know, except it's just too derivative. Nothing really new or original.